Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

Of the two Desotos the complete car for $7500 is the obvious deal, but I guess it depends on if you want a convertible or not.

Loved the F250, until I saw the flames. Guess it's still a good deal at $2200.

Don't mind the '66 Chevy truck or even the frame swap, but if it were mine the chrome rear bumper would be traded out for either a roll pan or an old square fabricated bumper that you used to see everywhere. I'd also change out the Torque Thrust wheels for some 17" artillery wheels. Just because.

I like that Bronco II, but it's pretty light on details for being $9500. Reminds me of a friend's Jeeps and fork lift. He'd tiger stripe paint them all... :D

What caught my eye right away on the '51 Ford was the fact the rear fenders were all the way back. Then I saw the Mark V frame swap mentioned. Probably rides nice with the air ride too. Looks like some finishing is in order though. That engine bay photo looks gross.

Dad has a couple of these '57-'61 trucks, one 250, the other 350 flat bed dually. I've driven both of them and my complaint is there isn't enough room for a fat man like me to fit comfortably in the darn things. It's worse for dad. But perhaps with the more modern chassis, seat and smaller steering wheel it wouldn't be so bad.

Why all the frame swap vehicles anyway? :D

I just post what I find. I think the frame swaps are the easiest(?) and least expensive way to solve the old frame flex issues while improving ride and handling characteristics.

It still needs to be done properly to make it worthwhile. I am sure you see half assed work arounds all the time.

A custom frame is a better choice of course, but they are expensive.

Mustang, of course, I like. Despite it being a 6-cylinder. I'd swap it to a 351W or C, add a manual trans and leave it 4-lug.

I don't want to like Monte Carlos, but I do. This one seems particularly nice. Needs the 305 boat anchor replaced, but that's just my opinion.

Didn't you already post the F250? Other than the flames, I like it.

Electra seems pricey for how rough the interior is. I do like the wires and Vogue tires though.

That is a different F250. No flames on this one.

When are you coming to get it? lol

In theory, you are right. Best laid plans of mice and men, that bastard Murphy, and possible electrical demons aside.

I was specifically thinking of the 1968ish T-bird. Can't get behind those for some reason...

I like the Ram, but the bed rust would make me want to inspect for further metal worm.

The 1930 Chevrolet is unique. The fuel injection seems completely out of place, but to each their own. Other than that it's good to see the 1.5 ton trucks getting done love and not rat rodded out or frame swapped to an S-10.

Miata is priced nicely, but like the Ram, I'd want to get it in the air and check it out.

The Beetle is tempting because of the drivetrain. Maybe it could be turned into a rally cross car or a street sick circle track racer?

You saved the best for last this time! Who wouldn't want a 6-speed swapped GM boat? That thing is very cool!