Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

The 1941 Chevy is neat, would be a shame to do anything other than her the interior done and put the glass back in it.

Love the silver/turquoise color combo of the Impala. The stepmother had a 1965 when Dad met her that had been get grandmother's from new, but it lived in Salt Lake it's entire life so was fairly rusty. A local family bought it and restored it, but last I heard it had been wrecked. Not sure how with a 283 and a Powerglide.

Mustang doesn't do it for me, but seems nice. The triple hit of convertible, automatic and 6-cylinder makes it a parade car rather than a fun cruiser.

Love the Taurus, too bad about the bumper on an otherwise seemingly spotless car. What is making those bumpers so brittle with age?

Plastic gets brittle with age. It was also a Florida car, so the sun does not help.

They probably used the same formulation and supplier that GM used in the 80s.

The Taurus listing is gone now so I can't view the pictures, but I remember the 1990's Ford Mondeos having terribly brittle bumpers. This is the car the US got as Ford Contour.

Especially the facelift version that ended production in 2000 suffered from this. The outer bumper shell was made from terribly brittle and thin plastic that would crack and break really easily, especially in the cold, and it couldn't be plastic welded or repaired in any meaningful way. The cars are mostly gone now but I saw more than a few of these with duct tape repairs.

Last edited:
I'd take the '64 Dodge 330, if it were about 10k cheaper.

Spitfire looks like it's hiding more rust.

The Olds is cool, but those wheels are not right for the car.

Subaru is an interesting proposition. If you have a wrecked or rusty car this might save your bacon.

Last edited: