Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

Does the year of 86 change anything special?
86 was the first year for proper fuel injection. You could get fuel injection starting in 83, but only on automatics, and it was a single point throttle body injection system, not a multipoint system like the 86 and newer cars.

Very interesting to know, thank you.

What I find to be a pain and maybe it's because I'm not well versed in car modding, but if you're doing anything that has factory fuel injection, you're using aftermarket ECU. How do make sure everything else in the car will work?

What I find to be a pain and maybe it's because I'm not well versed in car modding, but if you're doing anything that has factory fuel injection, you're using aftermarket ECU. How do make sure everything else in the car will work?

Luckily for the Ford EEC-IV crowd there are plug and play self learning ECUs. Pimp is the most widely used. Plus, these old Ford ECUs didn't run much other than the engine. It's not like a modern car where everything has a module and reports back to the main computer.

That is tempting, but I have to not get distracted by a new project. I must work on the SVO.

But, but, you can never have enough future projects to distract you from reality. lol

No thanks. While it is interesting, it looks like it was a half-baked idea.

The LeSabre is nice, but you're right to point out it's too expensive. Might get that at auction with a detailing though.

Grumman is overpriced by a long shot. Not sure what they wanted to build, but it should have been yellow, because it looks like a Tonka truck.

Mark V is a buddy's dream car, but he's set on silver/red combo.

GN is stupid money considering that is not a GN anymore with the V8 in the 3.8T's place.

I'm not really well versed in T-Bird prices, but that seems fairly steering money, but you couldn't but a beast one and restore it for that.

The '48 Chevy is an odd one, what do they mean by "good frame for a rat rod"?

Are '55 more-doors actually bringing this sort of money? Or is this pie in the sky? I could see a wagon deserving that price, but that's seems strong for a 6-cylinder 4-door.

I also like that Lincoln. The color really makes it, in my opinion.

The GN is like a 85 Grand Prix 2+2 I seen advertised a couple of years ago with an engine swap. It just makes it not worth the money in my opinion. At least the GN still has the original engine there to be rebuilt.

I like the T-bird, but Hagerty has it listed as a $10,500 car. I get that it is hard to rebuild one for that money.

I like the 48 too, but the frame makes me want to get a custom frame under it to avoid any problems.

The 55 is pie in the sky while riding on a flying carpet.

Add them together, and that's V8!