Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

That seems like one of those cars I don't want to buy because I am afraid I will fuck it up somehow.

What if you just want, like, a driver-condition Dart with a slant 6, A/C, and Torquefile? Surely that unassuming box on wheels is cheap.

What if you just want, like, a driver-condition Dart with a slant 6, A/C, and Torquefile? Surely that unassuming box on wheels is cheap.

'74 Dart sedan with slant 6, no AC, and a 904 in poor condition, but running and driving was $3k last I looked a month or so ago. Can't find the ad any more though.

This is why I can't be a Mopar owner. $6k buys you an incomplete (no interior), non-runner, that still needs rust repair. Don't get me wrong though, the car completed would be a stunner in that green.

This guy claims that he just wants his money back on the project. Well, I think that is an indication that he paid to much to start out. I have gone to look at cars like this, it is always a sad story, and now they realize they can't afford to pay what it will cost to make the car right.

There is also a bit of an auction effect with Mopars in particular. Everyone sees that rare Hemi, or six pack AAR car go across the line and get big bucks, so they think this more mainstream car is worth more because of it.

This guy claims that he just wants his money back on the project. Well, I think that is an indication that he paid to much to start out. I have gone to look at cars like this, it is always a sad story, and now they realize they can't afford to pay what it will cost to make the car right.

There is also a bit of an auction effect with Mopars in particular. Everyone sees that rare Hemi, or six pack AAR car go across the line and get big bucks, so they think this more mainstream car is worth more because of it.

I've been there, mostly end up with a loss, sometimes end up breaking even, rarely make money.

Sure, but even the subjectively uglier mid-'70s models are getting more expensive. They never had the good powertrain options. Just the typical Mopar paint and stripe magic.

What always amazes me about something like this car is: These always ended up in the hands of a 3rd or 4th owner (like my mom's family) and they drove them into the ground. Only fixing what was absolutely needed to get them through until it finally shit the trans or engine, then it became yard art. I always am amazed that good examples of not so great vehicles still exist.

Which brings me to the worst idea possible. A museum for 1980-1999 vehicles that weren't exactly exciting, but still survive in good condition. :ROFLMAO:

I've been there, mostly end up with a loss, sometimes end up breaking even, rarely make money.

Sure, but even the subjectively uglier mid-'70s models are getting more expensive. They never had the good powertrain options. Just the typical Mopar paint and stripe magic.

Yeah, the same is happening to GM cars of the same era. Remember that Can Am I posted awhile back that was a rust heap? That was $4,000 as what they admit was a parts car. I know it is quite rare, but damn, there is not much on that car that is specific only to that model.

What always amazes me about something like this car is: These always ended up in the hands of a 3rd or 4th owner (like my mom's family) and they drove them into the ground. Only fixing what was absolutely needed to get them through until it finally shit the trans or engine, then it became yard art. I always am amazed that good examples of not so great vehicles still exist.

Which brings me to the worst idea possible. A museum for 1980-1999 vehicles that weren't exactly exciting, but still survive in good condition. :ROFLMAO:

Oh, that is a bad idea. These just need to go into a standard museum with stuff from the same era. See this Beta-Max, that was used in the 70s to record TV shows, and this AMC Ambassador was a basic family car from the late 70s.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Fucked quote

You are right, Ford too. I see $10-12k 1976 Rancheros. WHO THE FUCK WANTS A 1976 RANCHERO!?

The idea of other period junk is an excellent one. I'll be steeling that and naming the GM wing, "The GRtak Salute to Bad General Motors Ideas".

I fixed my post.

Lots of people want Rancheros. Just a Ford ElCamino, and ElCaminos are just priced crazy.