Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

Pass on the 27T. Never really took to this style of hot rod. The rat rod guys are not my favorite to deal with. Price is crackpot.

Love, love, love the AMC. They weren't afraid to make an ugly car. :ROFLMAO: Price is super fair.

North of 50 large for a car that will need constant attention by a pricey dealer. I think I'll pass.

The Aston Martin is art, just park it in your man cave and appreciate how good it looks.

MG seems good value. Nothing particularly wrong with it, just a good car to cruise down a mountain road in.

F-150 seems decent, I'm sure the price will be crackpot. That bedcover is horrendous though.

I swear you've posted the Power Wagons before. Could be a fun project for someone to restore/hot rod though.

If the two Z cars, is rather have the Mismo, but can understand the appeal of the drop top.

BTW, that's a typo on the horsepower for the convertible, should be 332, not 442.

$20k is strong money for the pickup. I don't mind that it's a long bed or one-ton, but there's still lots to do to it on the inside, I would also guess the underside, and under the hood. That's more like a $7500 vehicle to me.

Regarding Z cars...don't ever straight pipe them ? one of the neighborhood kids has one and it's awful. Exhaust is best left stock. And this is coming from the owner of the most obnoxious straight piped Ducati.

They're reasonably fun to drive, but the 370Z was already dated when it came out.

Regarding Z cars...don't ever straight pipe them ? one of the neighborhood kids has one and it's awful. Exhaust is best left stock. And this is coming from the owner of the most obnoxious straight piped Ducati.

They're reasonably fun to drive, but the 370Z was already dated when it came out.

That goes for all VQ engines. There's a cheap stainless exhaust for the Frontier on eBay/Amazon. It looks nice, but would need a much quieter muffler before I would run it.

1977 EL Camino Classic - $6,500​

2003 BMW 330CI Convertible. Inline 6 and a manual.

1992 Dodge D250 w/Diesel

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of most of those. That year Elko is ugly. The early 2000s BMWs scare me. And I am not enough of a redneck to drive that Cummins Ram. :ROFLMAO:

That era of El Camino is not ugly, the next era is, that era is just slightly awkward. I think you underestimate your redneckness sir. (looks at list of vehicles parked around Craig's place) :p

https://flint.craigslist.org/cto/d/flint-1981-mercury-zephyr/7359928906.html

https://flint.craigslist.org/cto/d/otisville-73-pontiac-catalina/7359325250.html

Just buy it and ask for forgiveness later!

Same as above.

I. Wish I could get this, the Roadmaster, and the Catalina!

And finally, so you can go live down by the river!

Reactions: lip
^ In the Porsche ad: "This 6 Cylinder engine is a great alternative to a V8 in efficiency while getting much more performance compared to a 4 Cylinder engine..."

You got to love seller babble. - Read: This knife is a great alternative to a sword in efficiency while getting much more cutting performance compared to a fork..." ?

The Zephyr is a beautiful example. The want, it is strong. Only thing it needs is an aluminum headed 302, 4R70 and a posi 8.8.

Catalina is another great example. I do have to question the styling of the tail lights. They don't really seem to fit the character of the car.

Roadmaster is lovely. You absolutely need this car, @GRtak !

I never really understood the Reatta (and the similar, but different, Cadillac Allanté or even the Mercury Capri of the same era). Where these just personal luxury convertibles, no sporting pretense?

The Crown Vic sure does have low miles, but at 2100+ hours, it sure has sat and idled quite a bit. That's an average speed of 17.5 mph.

What happened to Boxter prices? I thought that was the cheap Porsche. Also, why are we financing 23 year old sports cars. Lastly, 6 photos of it, then 17 of other cars? This dealer seems pretty desperate.

The Solstice is weird. Why have they removed all the emissions controls? Seems like and odd thing to do and really scares me as to what other silly things they may have done to the car.

Toronado is nice, but sadly does suffer from BGMP (brittle GM plastic). Hopefully someone makes fiberglass replacements.

The van is so '90s, it even has it's own dust buster. :ROFLMAO:

I wish I could afford the Roadmaster, but that is the market for them these days.

I was able to drive a Reatta in the late 90s, and it handled okay on some Northern Michigan roads, but I am sure if pushed hard it would get ugly quick! They do look pretty good though.

I think there are places that 3:D print those brittle plastic bits.

The vacuum in the conversion van started in the late 80s and continued for about a decade. I still have mine from my 92 Chevy.

The Crown Vic sure does have low miles, but at 2100+ hours, it sure has sat and idled quite a bit. That's an average speed of 17.5 mph.

What happened to Boxter prices? I thought that was the cheap Porsche. Also, why are we financing 23 year old sports cars. Lastly, 6 photos of it, then 17 of other cars? This dealer seems pretty desperate.

I'd maybe consider the crown vic but of course go through used parts places and get regular seats and stuff to make it less like a government vehicle and more like a personal car. Idle hours are high, sure, but something I'm willing to look past.

The Boxsters I've looked at seem to be in the 8,000-12,000 range of that vintage. Never saw a cheaper and if I did, it was worn to hell and not something I'd touch with a stick. Not that they would be terrible cars, but I'm sort of over worn out cars.