Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

@GRtak - Spotted this one and thought it was something you might like.

Only thing I'm not sold on is the late model wheels. Rust, patina, etc. is fine in my opinion.

@GRtak - Spotted this one and thought it was something you might like.

Only thing I'm not sold on is the late model wheels. Rust, patina, etc. is fine in my opinion.

It does look pretty good. I am not currently looking for anything.

I haven't done this in awhile.

I know this isn't your cup of tea, but it is nice.
https://flint.craigslist.org/ctd/d/flushing-1979-mercury-cougar-original/7417134354.html

Reactions: lip
The Cougar is very clean and original, some may say, minty. ?

The Galaxie convertible looks like it's ready to haul the queen of whatever parade right down the middle of Main Street USA.

The Fox Mustang seems well detailed, but maybe this is my age talking here, I just don't see $17k. It's not complete, they've taken out the overdrive transmission, etc. You can buy really nice original cars for less than this.

DeVille looks great. Love the white exterior over black interior. Nothing is change here.

Suburban is a nice driver, but I just don't see $8500. Paint is rough, rear bumper is bunged up, only seemingly nice part is the interior. Don't get me wrong, I like the truck, but I think it's worth about half that.

Impala looks like a good start. Hopefully there's no real rust to speak of, since they don't mention any. I also think they have it priced a little high. Or again, maybe I'm just getting old.

I don't know much about the Allante, but always enjoyed seeing them. The last photo confuses me slightly. So there's a hardtop that goes with it too?

I dig the 1949 Chevrolet truck. Only thing I can nitpick is the choice of floor mats. Everything else seems very well done from the photos.

The 1950 F100 is not my cuppa. I really think it exemplifies what is wrong with a street rod. Hastily done engine swap? Check. Awful mismatched interior? Check. Bizarre exterior paint scheme? Check. And the worst sin of all? Cheap steel wheels color matched to the bizarre paint scheme.

I do believe that the Allanté came with a hardtop.

I very much like the Allante in general. Cool that it came with a hardtop. (y)

Only 2 of them currently for sale in Switzerland, this 1993 one with 89'000km (55'000mi) and with the 300hp engine is 19'000 SFR (= 20'000 USD), and it just looks seriously lush, yes I would:
image.jpg

https://www.autoscout24.ch/de/d/cadillac-allante-cabriolet-1993-occasion?vehid=9051944&accountid=2262438&backurl=/autos/cadillac--allante?make=13&model=187&vehtyp=10&make=13&model=187&vehtyp=10&toplisting=true&eventLabel=vehiclePosition:1 | sortingOption:no_sort&packageName=guest:as24_unlimited_private&sortingPosition=1

It's a private sale, and you can just sense by the rest of the pics in the ad how this elderly gentlemen (he's mirrored in the paintjob) loved this car. :)

Last edited:
I very much like the Allante in general. Cool that it came with a hardtop. (y)

Only 2 of them currently for sale in Switzerland, this 1993 one with 89'000km (55'000mi) and with the 300hp engine is 19'000 SFR (= 20'000 USD), and it just looks seriously lush, yes I would:
image.jpg

https://www.autoscout24.ch/de/d/cadillac-allante-cabriolet-1993-occasion?vehid=9051944&accountid=2262438&backurl=/autos/cadillac--allante?make=13&model=187&vehtyp=10&make=13&model=187&vehtyp=10&toplisting=true&eventLabel=vehiclePosition:1 | sortingOption:no_sort&packageName=guest:as24_unlimited_private&sortingPosition=1

It's a private sale, and you can just sense by the rest of the pics in the ad how this elderly gentlemen (he's mirrored in the paintjob) loved this car. :)
yes yes yes yes BUY IT

Grtak is back! 🤣

1978 Ferd - My uncle had one of these in the mid 1990s. It was an awesome roadtrip car. Don't know what it got for fuel economy, but it would just float down the road without a care at 75 all day.

I dig the big Olds. Would be an awesome cruise night car. You'd be the only one with one among a sea of Mustangs and Camaros.

Aren't those known as the MRS, not the MR2? Either way, not something you see everyday anymore. Price seems decent, but the car could use a detail.

The Olds convertible is not one I think I've ever seen. Looks like it has big chrome "reemz". I'd be Leary of the condition.

If the Saabaru isn't a total rot box, that's a decent price, even with the mileage.

What's not to like about a FE powered Cobra? I have a friend that's into these, I'll send it his way.

Did you see the dashboard on that big Olds?

Your BRZ wants a stablemate.

A pile of projects.

And in case you decide you really want to go live down by the river 😂.

It will attract all the wrong people! 🤣

I just want the blower off the BRZ, would be right at home on the 270k mile engine, right?

That has to be the ugliest VW dune buggy body I have ever seen. Purple, isn't exactly the right color.

Buick projects would be fun, maybe you could get two of the three going?

I have a GMC ambulance sitting here at the track, just needs something to replace the 6.5 turbo diesel.

Love Kei trucks, this one would be someone's ultimate hunting rig. Sadly, a bit rich for my blood.

The T-bird looks to be in really nice shape and if all it needs is a going over and the windows fixed, I'd say the price is pretty fair.

Ever wanted a Smart Car with a back seat, but with doors from a minivan?

They’re powered too and take a hilarious amount of time to open.