Ownership Verified: CraigB's Correct-Wheel-Drive Lesbaru (2013 Subaru BRZ)

Swype and I still don't get along sometimes. Should say notch. It's fixed on the original post now. ?

No problem, my eyes and words don't get along sometimes. :D

Just renewed the plates for 2 years at the cost of $87. I may have, since it was due tomorrow and I have been putting off getting an inspection, slightly fibbed about the mileage. See, they amended the law a few years back saying if it's less than 10 years old and 150,000 miles, inspections aren't needed. It did have an inspection when I bought it last year anyway. All pretty silly, but that's US laws for you.

Meanwhile I do drive it from time to time, but it hasn't been driven much since I took it to the airport a couple weeks back. Just can't drive it if the kiddo is going with Gena and I. He's gotten big enough that he forces Gena into the dash. I guess what that says is, the rear seat is useless, but I think we all knew that already.

20210711_040751.jpg

The drive to the airport was the first time I have had it out on the interstate. At 75 mph/120 kph, it's revving up to 3,250 rpm. A bit tough to get used to when you normally drive a truck that is a little more reserved at highway speed. That, I suppose, can be forgiven since it gets about twice the MPGs.

PSX_20210823_150340.jpg

The scene last night.

PSX_20210823_150846.jpg

The scene this afternoon.

PSX_20210823_150354.jpg

PSX_20210823_150403.jpg

And what's going on now.

Wheels are something a friend had on his Toyota 86 for autocross. He upgraded to something different, so I picked the wheels cheap, through some new tires on them, added a 25mm spacer and this is the end result.

I hope to pickup some low mileage takeoff struts next. The drivers side front is leaking profusely and the rear had a huge rust bubble on the main body.

View attachment 3562285

The scene last night.

View attachment 3562286

The scene this afternoon.

View attachment 3562287
View attachment 3562288

And what's going on now.

Wheels are something a friend had on his Toyota 86 for autocross. He upgraded to something different, so I picked the wheels cheap, through some new tires on them, added a 25mm spacer and this is the end result.

I hope to pickup some low mileage takeoff struts next. The drivers side front is leaking profusely and the rear had a huge rust bubble on the main body.
That looks great.

*looks for BRZs in the local market. Cries*

Add nitrous!

Not a bad plan. Like a 50 shot?

I don't know how much the bottom end can handle, but a dual stage, 50/100 might be doable.

What kind of power boost do the turbo/supercharger kits advertise?

Dunno, but here's the kit, ready to go:

Edelbrock does a full supercharger kit for the BRZ which leaves it at 242 HP and 186 ft-lbs at the wheels (197/151 stock) for six grand.
Give works four grand or more and they will give you a GT28 turbo and assorted other goodies which works argues would take it to 340 HP.

I am sure one with some fabrication skill could make a homebrew solution with a Wuhan whistle from ebay and some plumbing for about two grand. Would be good for the same amount of power, and hilarious when it explodes.

Dunno, but here's the kit, ready to go:

How did I know that such a thing would already exist? lol

I would be worried about the head gaskets and the bottom end coming apart.

Edelbrock does a full supercharger kit for the BRZ which leaves it at 242 HP and 186 ft-lbs at the wheels (197/151 stock) for six grand.
Give works four grand or more and they will give you a GT28 turbo and assorted other goodies which works argues would take it to 340 HP.

I am sure one with some fabrication skill could make a homebrew solution with a Wuhan whistle from ebay and some plumbing for about two grand. Would be good for the same amount of power, and hilarious when it explodes.

I like the supercharger I idea, but a home brew turbo setup is probably the most cost effective.

First, I need to get a turbo Mustang going.