Ownership Verified: CraigB's Correct-Wheel-Drive Lesbaru (2013 Subaru BRZ)

@CraigB , as for the question at the end of your video:

1) warm up the engine fully.
2) turn off the engine.
3) the parking brake needs to be released.
4) press and hold the brake and start the engine.
5) while holding the brake, pull the parking brake and let go of the brake.
6) press the brake 2 or more times and hold the brake.
7) while holding the brake, release and pull the parking brake 2 or more times and hold the parking brake.
8) while holding the parking brake, press the brake 2 times.
9) TC and VSC lights should turn on

@CraigB , as for the question at the end of your video:

1) warm up the engine fully.
2) turn off the engine.
3) the parking brake needs to be released.
4) press and hold the brake and start the engine.
5) while holding the brake, pull the parking brake and let go of the brake.
6) press the brake 2 or more times and hold the brake.
7) while holding the brake, release and pull the parking brake 2 or more times and hold the parking brake.
8) while holding the parking brake, press the brake 2 times.
9) TC and VSC lights should turn on
IIRC that's actually a diagnostic mode that, in addition to disabling the traction control, kills the ABS. Pretty sure I tested it versus the two-button disable and there wasn't any meaningful difference, but it's been awhile.

Further, from memory the ECU keeps permanent count of how many times it's used. Not that that matters to anyone this far away from a warranty

Got the non-dented fender on. It's a lightly different shade of black, grey. There's a $55 kit for the paint in spray cans on eBay. May do that. Also gave the headlights a quick buff. They are less yellow and look decent from afar.

I noticed you wrote
"20B Subaru BRZed"

I like where this is going...

You going to foot the bill for this? :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention, I got the front up in the air, gave the wheels a wiggle and spin, no noise. Best guess, after a test drive, the noise is from the rear. So I'll lift the rear up in the morning and see what I have back there. I really need a new shop with a lift/hoist...

Last edited:
Paint color is interesting, IIRC it was the same paint code/different year (2014?). What's more is the door was from a '14 FRS.
Possible the parts on the car faded and the fender didn't?

Not to worried about it. Was just looking at olive drab wrap material. Not sold on that idea yet. May just try a good old garage respray of that fender.

I did find a spot in behind the fender where these will all rot out. The inner structure holds dirt and crap (pine needles in this case). I blew it out while I was there.

PSX_20200918_215718.jpg

Launch was crap. It's got a 15.20 something in it with more seat time. Not far off the 15.00 @ 94 Car & Driver got with their test car in 2013.

Oh did you spot the drivers side marker light being burnt out? That's what that light bulb in the glove box was for

Oi, where's the Patriots' time? :D

Oh did you spot the drivers side marker light being burnt out? That's what that light bulb in the glove box was for

I did, but I forgot about the extra bulb and grabbed one from my stash. Only remembering the one in the car after I put the other in.

Oi, where's the Patriots' time? :D

Crap. I forgot. When I got in line we had two oil downs back to back, so I got only the one run. I'll try again next week.

I predict the Patriot will be painfully slow. Maybe 16.50?

The Fleetwood should be faster than that, closer to 15.2.

Well I only did one run, very gentle on the high mile transmission, first time ever being on a drag strip.. ? These days it probably is slower, since it currently has only 1st gear ?

I've heard the 4L60 described as a box full of neutrals.