Ownership Verified: CraigB's Datus... Nissa... Infiniti M30

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Sorry, should have been more clear. Get a RHD model with sealed beam lamps and replace the bulbs with LHD, then aim properly. That way I don't blind people.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Did I tell you lot that I bought this thing back? No? I did... For some reason...

IMG_20200118_114321.jpg

So the friend I sold it to called in late December to say they wanted to sell the car back to me as it popped the high-pressure hose on the power steering and they didn't want to mess with it. So we waited for a nice day in January and went to get it.

Fast forward three months and I finally decided to push it in the garage (after some healthy cleaning I did this week in the shop) and see what's what.

IMG_20200411_142443.jpg

First thing... the battery was completely flat.

IMG_20200411_172326.jpg

Then I built some Bob Blocks® to get the car up high enough for me to get under with the creeper.

To get to this...

IMG_20200411_151822.jpg

I'll take that to the local Napa and see if they can rebuild it, if not I may try Hyspeeco.

Meanwhile I had bought plugs, plug wires and an oil change for it that it never got while it was out of my hands. I have never seen a car so difficult to change the plugs on as this. Except maybe my Frontier...

I also took the intake cover off, gave it a scrubbing and wet sanded the raised design to a nice sheen.

IMG_20200411_214201.jpg

IMG_20200411_215333.jpg

And now it it rests atop a very filthy engine bay. I'll get some engine de-greaser while at Napa Monday.

I've taken the power steering pump belt off, so as soon as that battery tops off (stupid 1 amp trickle charger), I'll start it again...

Why did I buy this back?

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
And... It's gone again.

Decided last week that I need to focus on the SVO and, eventually, the Datsun. So I put it up for sale and a nice young man came and bought it. Hope it treats him well.

Anesthesia

Car(s)
'88 Civic 1.6i-16, '05 Accord, '93 Kawa VN1500,
And... It's gone again.

Decided last week that I need to focus on the SVO and, eventually, the Datsun. So I put it up for sale and a nice young man came and bought it. Hope it treats him well.
Sad that it had to happen, but at least you got some fun out of it.