Ownership Verified: CraigB's Datus... Nissa... Infiniti M30

Did I tell you lot that I bought this thing back? No? I did... For some reason...

IMG_20200118_114321.jpg

So the friend I sold it to called in late December to say they wanted to sell the car back to me as it popped the high-pressure hose on the power steering and they didn't want to mess with it. So we waited for a nice day in January and went to get it.

Fast forward three months and I finally decided to push it in the garage (after some healthy cleaning I did this week in the shop) and see what's what.

IMG_20200411_142443.jpg

First thing... the battery was completely flat.

IMG_20200411_172326.jpg

Then I built some Bob Blocks® to get the car up high enough for me to get under with the creeper.

To get to this...

IMG_20200411_151822.jpg

I'll take that to the local Napa and see if they can rebuild it, if not I may try Hyspeeco.

Meanwhile I had bought plugs, plug wires and an oil change for it that it never got while it was out of my hands. I have never seen a car so difficult to change the plugs on as this. Except maybe my Frontier...

I also took the intake cover off, gave it a scrubbing and wet sanded the raised design to a nice sheen.

IMG_20200411_214201.jpg

IMG_20200411_215333.jpg

And now it it rests atop a very filthy engine bay. I'll get some engine de-greaser while at Napa Monday.

I've taken the power steering pump belt off, so as soon as that battery tops off (stupid 1 amp trickle charger), I'll start it again...

Why did I buy this back?

Did you sell it to the same person you sold it to the first time? ?

And... It's gone again.

Decided last week that I need to focus on the SVO and, eventually, the Datsun. So I put it up for sale and a nice young man came and bought it. Hope it treats him well.
Sad that it had to happen, but at least you got some fun out of it.

Is it one of those situations where you are sad to see it go, but love to watch it leave? Wait,... what?! lol