Ownership Verified: CraigB's Merkur XR4Ti - Take 2

Woot!

By the way, are those Thunderbird wheels? Or is it just a design that Ford used on several models?

Sounds nice and braapppity man. Good to see you got back in the Merkur business.

I've done something I haven't done with this car since I bought it. I've actually been driving it. The last three nights I've driven it about 130 miles total. It's been fun just getting in it, driving it and not trying to make maximum power.

I did order a fuel pump and that's why I'm putting miles on it, trying to empty as much fuel as possible before I drop the tank. Hopefully I'll have time next week in the evening to get that pump changed out.

I also cut a hole in the grille (as seen in the attached photo). I tried to match the shape of the Cosworth brille the best I could. It doesn't look bad, but I'm still on the hunt for a real grille.

fetch

​​​​​I also realized that maximum power from this car would probably ruin it, so I'm going to try and stay fairly conservative with the boost and not go much past 15 lbs once it's running correctly at that level.

Last night I tackled the non-functional 3rd brakelight. I'm not exactly sure what was wrong in the lamp out module, but I bodged it up by just installing a jumper wire from the brake relay to the wire that goes back to the lights. Not proud of it, but it works.

Attachments

• photo17578.jpg
    photo17578.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
Last edited: