Crash...

zeroSignal

Nerdcore
Car(s)
2012 Golf TDI 140
Last night, around 2 am, I had a somewhat nasty car accident. I'm completely fine, not even a scuff on me, and the other driver is fine aswell, apart from some bumps and bruises. Although I do feel quite pissed off about the whole thing, I kinda feel sad for the guy.

Anyway, I was going down a street, and many tiny streets intersect with it. I have the right of way all the way down the street. I had just turned into it, and was not going fast, probably around 40-50-ish km/h. Suddently, out of a side street, this cab driver decides to go for it and not wait for me to get past. I slammed the brakes, but since my car does not have ABS (Fiat Cinquecento), the wheels blocked and I slammed right into his co-drivers door and front right fender. Pretty big crash. The front of my car is busted, but repairable. He was driving a very old Fiat Uno. As I slammed into him, his mommentum kept him going (so he was not going slow, as he claims) and his car hit a tree, roughly 3 meters away from the crash site, at which point, his front-right fender fell off.

Cops came, took pictures, made sketches, went on their merry way.

I firmly believe that I'm not at fault. I did have the right of way, not to mention that the street was dark, and if he had stopped and looked, he would have seen my headlights. But he obviously didn't stop at all. 0.00 on the breathalyzer, both of us.

I'm still somewhat shaken up. Sometimes I fucking hate driving.

lol, that sucks.

I assume he had insurance?

As I slammed into him, his mommentum kept him going (so he was not going slow, as he claims) and his car hit a tree, roughly 3 meters away from the crash site, at which point, his front-right fender fell off.
It could have been much worse. Was it side impact?
Sometimes I fucking hate driving.
Your anger somewhat reflects your avatar :p

So two FIAT's (little French cars), where do you live, France..I mean Italy or someplace?

Fiats are Italian.
Yeh I know...I just had that episode of TopGear when a crowd member yells out "FIATS are little French cars!" in the back of my head :D

BAd luck mate, hope your car gets fixed up good and proper...

And that the taxi driver is found to be at fault, which he clearly is but you never know when it comes to courts.

During my late shift when I finished at Midnight I avoided quite a few like that. I know the feeling. Good thing that no one was injured though.