Crazy/Wierd things you did as a child

Buffy_09

Inspired/stolen from another message forum, I thought it might be fun to think of some childhood memories of wierd/funny things people have done.:)

I'll start.

When I was around 2/3, I was in the kitchen with my family, and my mum was cooking breakfast. She was putting some sausages on the pan, and I decided I wanted to help. So I went to find more sausages for her...in the garden.:| I somehow managed to bring in a bit fat slug, and mum managed to put it on the pan without realising. It ended up being served to me. I don't know how much I had eaten until she realised...

Also, when I was 4, I went through a short phase, where I though my name consisted of my first name, and my age. One day I got lost in Dunnes Stores while doing grocery shopping with my mum, (that happened alot). I ended up at the customer service desk, and the poor confused lady had to say into the tannoy system "With the mother of a little girl named "Aoife f-...four" please come to the customer service desk" Good thing mum was used to my wierdness :p

Anyone else? :)

I ended up at the customer service desk, and the poor confused lady had to say into the tannoy system "With the mother of a little girl named "Aoife f-...four" please come to the customer service desk" Good thing mum was used to my wierdness :p
so... your name is Aoife? How do you even pronounce that? You?re weird. :D

As for me... too many to tell, mostly resulting in a cocktail of tears, blood, and most of the time dirt as well. But that?s what childhood is for.

Before I got teeth, I ate sand.. lots of. Parents were a bit concerned around April '86, but I think I did not take any damage. :mouse:

so... your name is Aoife? How do you even pronounce that? You?re weird. :D

As for me... too many to tell, mostly resulting in a cocktail of tears, blood, and most of the time dirt as well. But that?s what childhood is for.

Aoife = "ee-fa"

And I'm not wierd, I'm Irish!!:mrgreen::p

I don't remember how old I was, when I with my brother and sister found a bucket of blue paint. We painted ourselves blue, because we were playing "The Smurfs". My mum wasn't happy at all. :)

Last edited:
I served earthworm cookies to the guests at my 7th or 8th birthday party. I didn't tell anyone what was in the cookies...:unsure:

I was a pyromaniac when between 9 and 14 years of age. I dripped molten plastic in a friends thigh while playing with a flaming piece of plastic.

when my dad was in the Royal Air Force i ended up painting one of the tables with Tipp Ex. not just a small bit of it but used the entire thing on the table.

When I was... little, I thought money was sweets. We were literally about to go on holiday and I decided to eat a pound. It got wedged in my oesophegus (sp) and I started choking etc. and was rushed to hospital, then rushed to another hospital where I was immediatly put under to have it surgicaly removed from my throat.

When I was little, my Mum was cleaning the Mirror with Windowlene, she left it on the side and I climbed up and drunk some. She only knew because I had a pink ring around my lips...

I have many more tales but I won't bore you :)

My sister.

I didn't think you were from the deep south...:?

I don't remember anything much I did as a child. I threw a pair of scissors at my sister once, just to pass them to her, and she still has a scar on her leg. But nothing major.

I once was In my grandparents small town for the new year's eve. I knew that those boxes laying in the ground of the main city's square had some fireworks in it, but couldn't stand waiting until late at night. I steathly took an aunt's lighter and lit the damn box. Luckily I was also too afraid, and as I did that, run away. Obviously the thing lit the fireworks, but at least some policemen saw the incident and took the other boxes away. Mum was not pleased at all... Dad laughed, and then gave me a rather unforgetable speech :lol:

When I was 12 I was at a friend's house. He had just gotten a lego flying saucer, so we were messing around with it. At some point we ended up in the field behind his house with it wrapped in tin foil and I was like "ooh ooh ooh, let's go to my house and get my camera!" Skipping ahead, we were at school when the principal pulled us out of class and there was a man from the news paper there to see us. He actually bought the bogus UFO story we emailed to the news paper along with awesome pictures of a silver sphere looking thing in the air that I managed to throw into the air and then point at while my friend took my picture :lmao:

we freaked out and our moms made us call the paper and tell them it was fake before buddy had a chance to interview us, but still

For as weird as I am, I had a surprisingly normal and boring childhood.

No, really!

When I was 12 I was at a friend's house. He had just gotten a lego flying saucer, so we were messing around with it. At some point we ended up in the field behind his house with it wrapped in tin foil and I was like "ooh ooh ooh, let's go to my house and get my camera!" Skipping ahead, we were at school when the principal pulled us out of class and there was a man from the news paper there to see us. He actually bought the bogus UFO story we emailed to the news paper along with awesome pictures of a silver sphere looking thing in the air that I managed to throw into the air and then point at while my friend took my picture :lmao:

we freaked out and our moms made us call the paper and tell them it was fake before buddy had a chance to interview us, but still

Ah, the internet.

Just 7 years age difference, yet the possiblities of what you can achieve with childhood mischief are vastly different. Welcome to the 21st century.

Farily normal here. The usual BMX stupidity, injuring myself in really stupid ways and setting fire to toys for some reason but everyone did that.

i Never did anything weird.

honestly, i do believe i was the most calm, cool-headed, collected kid ever to exist. Maybe there WAS something mixed in my drinks as a boy

Last edited:
Our home had a huge play ground, with a long straight and two gardens.. at the end of the long straight there was the main gate, and about two car lengths before the gate there was a light pole. I used to ride on bi-cycle from the start to the gate.. as fast as I could.. and then jump on the light pole to hold it.. and watch and hear the smashing sound when the cycle would hit the gate :D haha. Messed that jumping on the pole part many times though but that never stopped me from perfecting it :D

Last edited:
i Never did anything wierd.

honestly, i do believe i was the most calm, coll-headed, collected kid ever to exist. Maybe there WAS something mixed in my drinks as a boy

You better ask your parents to confirm :lol: