Creative forum punishments

Ironlord

(Viper and Quiky, and possibly others, are going to hate me for this... heh.)

Despite being annoyed at one response I've had to this (note that I don't mean what Dr_Grip said) - I'm going ahead with this thread anyway (which Dr_Grip was hinting at and which I'd already decided to do, but was going to put it on the Off Topic board).

The whole "hitting newkids over the head with a chair" was supposed to be funny. Was it? Wasn't it? Have your say. Can you do better? No suggestions for punishments will be considered too unworkable here, because I fully expect absolutely none of them ever to be put into practice, mainly because it'll be even more work for the mods.

But here's one I came up with a bit later, inspired by an "I can do science me!" section on Brainiac: forum line-writing.

- Newkid does something idiotic.
- Newkid gets a slap from a mod and a temp-ban which is only lifted after writing 100 lines.
- Newkid logs in and sees this message.
- Newkid decides to write the lines and hits the "Carry Out Punishment" button.
- Newkid doesn't realise that hitting this button starts a keylogger on the FG server.
- Newkid writes one line, copies, pastes 99 times.
- Newkid doesn't get in.

The keylogger reads:
I MUST NOT BE AN IDIOT ON THE FORUMS{return}{ctrl+V}{ctrl+V}{ctrl+V}{ctrl+V}{ctrl+V}{ctrl+V}... (etc)

You get the idea. The keylogger knows the punished newkid tried to cheat and wont reinstate the offender until "I MUST NOT BE AN IDIOT ON THE FORUMS" appears on the keylogger 100 times.

Note that I didn't have the keylogger starting until after the user has logged in, so it doesn't log the username/password combination. That would not be called for.

Right! Now post your ideas!

I want to +rep the person who +repped you with "A++ WOULD REP AGAIN" :lol: :lol: :lol:

More creative punishments!

Very well... *cracks knuckles*

Borrowing an idea I had a character of mine...

*User gets banned
*Banning causes a virus to be transfered to the offenders computer, or, preferably, removable drive
*Virus self-executes in the background
*Selects a random countdown time (say, 26 minutes.)
*Starts countdown
*When the countdown reaches zero, the virus slows the hard disk down enough to cause a head crash, and then it drags the deadly read-write head across the disk...
*Once the disk is well and truly FUBAR'd, the computer, predictably, crashes, and fails to boot up upon restart.
*Nimwit has a stroke, then buys a new hard disk
*If the virus is on a connected removable drive, the process restarts from the third bullet.
*Nimwit can no longer afford replacement hard drives, and is gone for good.

Also, if it is saved on the hard disk, the evidence of the virus is destroyed with the drive.

So, there we go. My creative punishment...

Is rep really that important to you that you would need to punish people that neg rep you? Even for completely retarded reasons? The only thing I think of when I see someone with a lot of rep is "Gee, this person must have a really nice car" or "Gee, this girl must be quite un-ugly" or "Gee, this person must link some pretty good LOLcat pics". Other than that.....I view rep as pretty useless. As long as you're green, I don't know why you would complain.

Although I feel this is mildly insane, that first punishment is pure genius. :D

*ahem*
If you piss me off, I put you into the usergroup that has a 40% chance of Rick Astley when you navigate the forums.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz8AuKmItwM[/YOUTUBE]

or...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9S3CEgNl74[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
A forum I used to go on had a special penalty box, where banned users were banished to. In said penalty box the background flashed pink yellow green very very quickly. The banned users were only allowed to read this forum, but other users could come in and make fun of them while they were there. Several of the banished went insane and killed themselves I think...

I like the Rick Astley idea so far the best.

We all know, he's never gonna give you up either

Remind us all never to get on your wrong side.

Having said that, I give you your first victim.

I must admit, I get a bit of a headrush when one of my votes makes that next blobbie pop up.

Especially if it's a red one.

^ I'm surprised you don't give them two at a time with your rep power, or does that only work on pos rep?

Remind us all never to get on your wrong side.

Having said that, I give you your first victim.

Y'know, I misread that guy's name as HotRedBLOB at first, but that can't be right, seeing as he has two. That said, the Rick Astley idea is brilliant.