Crepe type food!

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Ok, let's move the discussion from the latest purchas thred in here. There's Poffertjes, Oladu?ki, Pov?tr?ki (basically poffertjes), Schmorn and I bet a whole lot more.

So, post them recipes with some delicious look pics here! :mrgreen:

Schmorn:

2 eggs
20g of sugar
12g of flour
pinch of salt
250ml of milk

Separate the white from the yolk, beat it into foam, mix the other ingredients together, add the white foam and mix into a consistent batter. Melt some butter in a pan and pour quite thickly (2cm). After it's gone light brown at the bottom, cut into 4 pieces, turn over. After it's cooked at the bottom cut it up into smaller chunks and mix so all of it is cooked. Serve with a sprinkling of sugar (either powdered or crystal, white or brown).

https://pic.armedcats.net/i/ic/icebone/2010/11/16/6387-1.jpg

I'll just post the basic recipe for Dutch pancakes here.

Make a batter of 250g of plain white flour and 500cc milk, beat in 1-2 eggs and a pinch of salt.
You can either make plain pancakes with the batter by pouring a thin layer (slightly thicker than French crepes) in a hot frying pan with a bit of oil. Flip when the top is solidified and fry for another minute or two. Good with Nutella, peanut butter, (maple) syrup, apple butter, chocolate sprinkles, sugar or whatever else you feel like.

Or you can add things to the pan before pouring in the batter, like bacon, salami, mushrooms, thinly sliced apple or whatever. Also, you can add cheese after flipping it.

My favourite combination is sliced apple, bacon and golden syrup.

Will post pics next time I make some.

Thanks to the power of the internets I'm now eating pancakes :D

400ml milk
200g flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
3 eggs
3 tablespoon beer or water

Cook as adu explained ^

Good with sugar, jam/marmalade, syrup, nutella, icecream, ect, enough for about 12 pancakes, depending on the size of the pan.

Pics :)
In the pan

Syrup on

Rolled up and ready to eat

You ordered eggs over the internet?
:lol: Good one! I hope nobody is "optimistic" enough to offer that sort of home delivery!

small hint: If your pancake recipe calls for water and you like your pancakes fluffy, use carbonated water. Some of the bubbles will stay in the batter.

You ordered eggs over the internet?

:lol: no, I walked 350 meters to the shop and bought some, but I wouldn't have thought about it if wasn't for you guys rambling on about pancakes :p

Thanks to the power of the internets I'm now eating pancakes :D

400ml milk
200g flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
3 eggs
3 tablespoon beer or water

Cook as adu explained ^

Good with sugar, jam/marmalade, syrup, nutella, icecream, ect, enough for about 12 pancakes, depending on the size of the pan.

Pics :)
In the pan

Now that's what I call a pancake! Not that stupid american crap they call pancakes over here.

Now that's what I call a pancake! Not that stupid american crap they call pancakes over here.

You don't have to get all elitist about pancakes you know. You can get crepes almost anywhere in America. Shit, even IHOP makes them.

Mmm, now i think i have to ask my wife to do some Aebleskiver. Those are delicious!

Mmm, now i think i have to ask my wife to do some Aebleskiver. Those are delicious!

Oooooh, I have some of those in the freezer, I don't have an ?bleskivepande so I can't make my own.

You don't have to get all elitist about pancakes you know. You can get crepes almost anywhere in America. Shit, even IHOP makes them.

Yes, but even the places that sell crepes don't make them as good as they are made back in Greece. Not to mention how incredibly overpriced they are. One crepe with strawberries - $6.79...are you kidding me?

lol, a whole plate of them (4 or 5) with the topping of your choice costs what... 2euro here and even that's considered a fucking rip off.

Remind me to put up something about Dosa in here.

Indian food is not that famous in our house. I like parata, naan and roti stuff. But any thing else not that much :p
My sister on the other hand hates everything :rolleyes: