• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

cruise control DIY on an Audi?

reise

anyone did such a thing? Is it possible?

A friend of mine did it on a Opel Vectra just for the part price (about 55?).

It's a 2001 A3Tdi.

A friend of mine did it in his A3 as well... Do you have the Bordcomputer and electronic gas pedal???
If you do, its gonna be ok...

It took him like 4 hours, and you have to remove the airbag... So its a bit tricky, if you don't know how that stuff works...

BUba

I'm sure it's a peace of cake. It's cheaper to make one brain and one wire harness for all modifications, so probably there's already connector hanging somewhere. But without service manual (or some info you may find on internet) it's gonna be pretty hard :)

Buba said:
A friend of mine did it in his A3 as well... Do you have the Bordcomputer and electronic gas pedal???

It took him like 4 hours, and you have to remove the airbag... So its a bit tricky, if you don't know how that stuff works...

BUba

I have the board computer.

I just don't understand why it's necessary to remove the airbag. I think is just a case of exchanging the handle with the cruise control one.

MXM said:
I'm sure it's a peace of cake. It's cheaper to make one brain and one wire harness for all modifications, so probably there's already connector hanging somewhere. But without service manual (or some info you may find on internet) it's gonna be pretty hard :)

A friend of mine has the Autodata 2004 CD's, i'll take a look if there is any reference to my car in there.

reise said:
Buba said:

BUba

I have the board computer.

I just don't understand why it's necessary to remove the airbag. I think is just a case of exchanging the handle with the cruise control one.

But for you to exchange the handle, you will have to remove the steering wheel, and necessarily the airbag... But don't worry, I think it just pops out. Not sure, though...

Most likley, but remember to disconnect the airbags power supply an hour before you take it off... Otherwise it might go off, at least that is what I heard...

Other than that, its not too hard... As long as you don't have two left hands.

Buba