Curses and Insults only Your Fellow Countrymen Would Truly Understand

when i was at goodwood a few years ago, next to us on the camping were a couple with boy and a girl of 7-10ish
they were having an argument, and suddenly the girl said "hell no you dipstick!"

we all bursted out laughing, and we're still using it today :lol:

Spoon, spanner & plank are used as similar mild insults.

Damn that's so old.

I remember a piece of dialogue from the Dukes of Hazzard when one of the local cops is under the hood of the General Lee.

Cop: Where's the dipstick?
Duke Brother: You're under the hood, Cletus!

^
.. and something like that was said by John Connor in T1, too I think.

And by Tom O'Connor on "Name That Tune" in the 70s.

Probably.

Just thought of another one. "Innocent".

The normal meaning of the word is, just like in English, not-guilty. But depending on how it's used, it might mean stupid.

Exemples:

Il est clairement innocent.

Translation: He is clearly not guilty.

Il est clairement un crisse d'innocent.

Translation: He is clearly a fucking moron.

An insult, explanation and example. What I expected and want more in this thread. :thumbsup:

Cockwomble.

The Wombles were mythical creatures who roamed Wimbledon Common in London looking for trash they could use.

Park areas like Wimbledon Common and Hampstead Heath have been notorious gay cruising grounds for years.

Do the math.....

Need some British insult translation. Spotted on a Facebook group, a bicycle mechanic said of a customer: "What a numpty!"

It's a very mild and friendly version of idiot or moron, found mainly in Scotland and northern England. I must admit I'm ignorant to the etymology of it.

Are the phrases one would call a "Spanner" and "Tool" be interchangeable?

Cockwomble.

The Wombles were mythical creatures who roamed Wimbledon Common in London looking for trash they could use.

Park areas like Wimbledon Common and Hampstead Heath have been notorious gay cruising grounds for years.

Do the math.....

Im sure I've heard Clarkson refer to the traffic safe and healthy guys as traffic wombles...

Not forgetting "muppet".

I remembered an American one last night that I heard a few years ago... He's so dumb it takes him 3 hours to watch 60 Minutes.

I never understood why mouth breather is an insult. At some point, everyone will breathe through their mouth. :dunno:

I don't either.

Then stand in front of a mirror with a neutral expression and your mouth open. You'll be amazed at how gormless you look.

What's a bell end?

In my town in Norway we got a local one. 'Lillebo' It's calling someone a retard pretty much, as it's the name of an old mental home of sorts.
'Ka i granskauen?' used mostly as a 'what the hell?' sorta expression, literally translates to 'what in the pine forest?'
'tosk' is another one used locally, just means stupid or idiot. "din tosk!" you idiot!, or "E du toskete?" are you stupid?
Another variant of toskete would be tosjen.
'Sn?sokk' is a name you might call someone as an insult, literally translates to snow sock, don't know why it exists though :p

There are many little things like that all over Norway, it'd take too long to mention it all :p