Czech this out! Ringmeet roadtrip 5.-11.8.2022

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
Here we go again. Official Ringmeet date hasn't been announced (here at least) yet, but I doubt I'm far off assuming mid August..? :mrgreen:

Anyway, since some people haven't been too keen on visiting some of the Balkan countries in their current covid situation, some thoughts have been thrown around of a route that would start in Klatovy, Czechia for some high flying reasons and ricochet towards the Italian alps from Croatia and Slovenia. Apart from dates and setting off point, most things are still in open planning phase, but something like this should be happening, for those who are not on relevant Telegram channels where this has been discussed.

More info to come, as plans develop further.

My interests are up, would probably join in somewhere in the Italian Alps, after holiday-buzzing around in the French Riviera and Alps before that.

Definitely interested, I knew the OGP date was set but due to the unknown status of VS I didn't expect a Ringmeet date yet. I might book this time off work anyway so I know I have it.

The drive over would basically follow the 2019 route until Saarbrücken, driving through France was pleasant enough in the Smart so should be even better in the MX-5.

OOOOOOOOOH

I keep thinking about a pitch for work that [company] would? I hope still? be down for, but I'll have to toss this out to work and see.

Might be easiest to latchcomb or meet up with the roadtrip mid-way, though. I already had to take extra days off to get back from the 411's big cross-country trip, oof. IDK! We'll see.

I'm definitely interested in joining again this year!

Interested here as well...

I might have to back out of this already, I want to go to the Late Brake Show event on the 6th or 7th August and I need to book tickets now to do so. I've also calculated the approx. fuel cost of 2500 miles in the Mazda at around 25mpg and it's almost the entire amount I'll have saved up in my Ringmeet fund by then, so I'd have to find money elsewhere for everything else for the roadtrip and Ringmeet.

I'm still interested in the trip, but maybe not attending this time.

Welp, work is okay with me taking a vacation. Now to figure out how to get there...

Colour me interested as well. As usual, I'm not sure how many wheels to pick.

So, I'm looking at flights and where would be easy to fly in/out of in terms of latchcombing the roadtrip and flying back out afterwards, and was wondering where the best place to fly into would be? Who might want to pick up the latchcomb en route?

Haven't heard anything back on work pitches, so I guess I get my pick, haha.

That depends on who takes part and can pick you up.
Or which manufacturer gives you a press car. :D

Frankfurt, Stuttgart oder Munich are all options.

Heh, gonna skip the press car for a change unless work is like, take a car. 100% a vacation this time.

Heh, gonna skip the press car for a change unless work is like, take a car. 100% a vacation this time.

Just keep the keys on you at all times. :)

While this still appears to be in the pipeline, is there any progress on Ringmeet itself this year? Having seen a recent video of Kreuzberg I find it extremely unlikely that we'll be going back to VS this year. Travel across the channel (or out of the country in general) being what it is this year if I can't get anything booked soon I might have to miss Ringmeet again.