Czech this out! Ringmeet roadtrip 5.-11.8.2022

While this still appears to be in the pipeline, is there any progress on Ringmeet itself this year? Having seen a recent video of Kreuzberg I find it extremely unlikely that we'll be going back to VS this year. Travel across the channel (or out of the country in general) being what it is this year if I can't get anything booked soon I might have to miss Ringmeet again.
While I have not heard anything from @thomas officially, I expect Ringmeet to go ahead, even if most likely not at VS.

I am not likely to attend, but the complete lack of Ringmeet updates is kinda worrying me

I am not likely to attend, but the complete lack of Ringmeet updates is kinda worrying me
Grumble grumble Telegram. I can't be bothered to search the chat on there to find any news. :p

It better be happening or someone's gonna have to deal with a coco on their couch all week, haha. :bunny:

We are a bit pressed for time by now regarding our planning. I've begun researching accomodations, accounting for just the eight people present in the sheet at the moment (minus @lip who likes to book his own hotels and doesn't want to do the whole trip anyway and also not counting @narf who also likes to book his own hotels and hasn't put himself in the sheet anyway :p ).

We need to get a move on.

Reactions: lip
It's official: You've Got Coco.

I'm supposed to land in Nürnberg at 11:15 a.m., so as long as someone can swing by and pick me up, 'tis all good.

Has a route been discussed?

We are a bit pressed for time by now regarding our planning. I've begun researching accomodations, accounting for just the eight people present in the sheet at the moment (minus @lip who likes to book his own hotels and doesn't want to do the whole trip anyway and also not counting @narf who also likes to book his own hotels and hasn't put himself in the sheet anyway :p ).

We need to get a move on.
Yeah, my holidays are fixed in July, but I can get away additionally for 2-3 days in August. = I skip the flat Czech part and meet the FG horde in the Italian/Austrian mountains.

Me needs a telegram invite as well.

Lady (yes @ninjacoco, I mean you ;) ) and gentlemen (yes, I mean... let's just say everyone else :p), I have put in some research regarding accomodation and put multiple alternatives for every overnight stop into the sheet. I've done my best to filter for reasonable @Adrian-accessability and free cancellation.
Two catches:
  • We are quite late - looking for accomodation for the middle of vacation season with only five weeks advance is challenging. Therefore, we will have to split up in most places, unfortunately.
  • I did not look for camp sites. Everything is a hotel, pension/B&B or a holiday apartment/house. It's generally around €40 per person, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less. Sometimes including breakfast, sometimes not. The pricing also means they are not the most luxurious of places.
If anyone wants to do camping to save money, that's fine with me, and I think we have a few people who would be up for that. However, I have not researched that because frankly, I've got enough on my hands already. So, someone do some research if you want to camp.

As I said, the trip is beginning quite soon and I fear that options will disappear if we don't book very soon. So please, have a look at the accomodation tab for the sheet and feel free to put your name next to your favourites, or leave a comment if there's something to say. My goal is that we take care of the bookings over the course of next week.

Last edited:
After a video call with some of the participants, booking is underway.

To all: Check the sheet and add yourself to booked rooms where applicable. Also feel free to book a(n additional) room if needed for that day. We are aiming to spread out the bookings over several persons to even out the advance payments.
In case of questions, use the Telegram channel.