Daccia Sandero

i think it's great

they're laughing with it all the time

but they actually never said anything bad about it

and james seemed chuffed driving one

dacia should be gratefull to them (and i think they are)

I kinda wanted to see James take it home. He seemed legitimately pissed when they crashed it (Im still not sure it was on purpose haha).

It must have been scripted.

... right?

It might be that the team was in on the joke, but James clearly wasn't... so is it scripting when you play a prank on a friend and you make sure everybody's in on it so it works?

(One of the great things of being head presenter and co-producer at the same time like Jezza is is that you can greenlight your own expenses, totalling a second hand Sandero for example)

It might be that the team was in on the joke, but James clearly wasn't... so is it scripting when you play a prank on a friend and you make sure everybody's in on it so it works?

(One of the great things of being head presenter and co-producer at the same time like Jezza is is that you can greenlight your own expenses, totalling a second hand Sandero for example)

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, there's no way that James could've been in on it!

haha Clarkson should've said "Look! The Dacia Sandero's been run over!"

In fact Dacia with double c is quite right when it's about the pronunciation. On TG they say it all wrong. It's more like Italian 'capuccino' with soft spoken 'c'. An 'i' after c is more like 'y' so it sounds more like 'Duccya' or something. It's something like 'gottya' with d...'duttya' ;)
Personally I love this car and if it's not too small for my needs I'd bought it.

+1. Loved the fact that the girl from a local Romanian car show got the name right (well, almost), but TG didn't :D Perhaps they just don't care.

Last edited:
[...]there's no way that James could've been in on it!
... I don?t want to make it sound like I know what was planned and what not or who was "in" on it or not - I don?t. But consider this before you decide for yourself: Why on earth would James park The Sandero on that exact spot, facing that way. It?s not facing the direction of the other two cars, and it?s like 20 Meters from them away ... he has to walk quite a bit.
Replay the entry sequence to that rest-area thingy too for orientation and look how the cars are standing there. 45:42 and a bit. It doesn?t really make any sense for James to park the Dacia like that, facing towards the other cars and not toward the exit like the 3 GTs ... or the truck even ... or the sandero when it was first shown ...
The only sense I can put into this is that James parked the Sandero in safe distance to the expensive cars facing the way it did because he knew what would happen. But it could of course be just a coincidence ...

http://img204.imageshack.**/img204/6527/sandero.jpg

James might be a better actor than we thought ...

If the crew was in on it too, they could have told him to park there "for the shot" or something. I don't know either way.

+1. Loved the fact that the girl from a local Romanian car show got the name right (well, almost), but TG didn't :D Perhaps they just don't care.

that was a Russian or Bulgarian show , they use the Cyrillic alphabet and the girl spoke a Slavic language. Romanian is a Latin language and they use the Roman alphabet.

Fear not!

The Sandero Stepway is coming to the rescue!

68298353_75d844de36.jpg

(Actually, that's a bloody good car for 9900?!)

mmmh yeah it looks like a corvette, don't you think? :p

it was scripted...but whether or not james was in it isnt very easy to see...

my initial reaction was that it was fully scripted, even James' pard.

It started a few seasons ago (10? 11) when James would proclaim "Great news!" each episode with a new fact about the upcoming Sandero. No reason was ever really given for this.

Fixed. :) James would do that during the News segments in that series. There were also a couple of mentions in Series 12.

Hotlink fail FTW. Actually the jokes on TG about the Sandero quite baffle me. I mean I'm pretty sure that the crash was on purpose but I don't know if the actually like it. I don't have any oppinion on the car tough, never driven one.