Daccia Sandero

It started a few seasons ago (10?) when James would proclaim "Great news!" each episode with a new fact about the upcoming Sandero. No reason was ever really given for this.

Just a running gag. They've had several over the years although I have spotted an obvious theme for this series yet.

Anyway, James looked really happy driving it! I'll just have to have a go at one myself when I finally get my license. But...

I think they killed the joke when they killed the Sandero!

I think they became afraid of vengeance from the Marina Owner's Club.

After all, how extensive can the resources of the Sandero Owner's Club be?

Steve

Steve

:lol:
And they haven't bothered to talk about it yet, they just posted some video of the ep and seemed happy that James drove it!
But over here, on the highways you saw in the film people destroy more cars a week than TG in a year and I assume Sanderos are not excluded from the hands of stupid young folk!
Now for me to find that Sandero and put it on a plinth!

Last edited:

Steve

They'd be armed with tons of grapes

To be honest, I can appreciate James' love of the Dacia as good solid transportation.

As unloved as a Dacia might be, I think that having such cars to help replace most of the awful 20-25 year old beaters people still flog around here would be a real improvement both environmentally and for safety.

Steve

In fact Dacia with double c is quite right when it's about the pronunciation. On TG they say it all wrong. It's more like Italian 'capuccino' with soft spoken 'c'. An 'i' after c is more like 'y' so it sounds more like 'Duccya' or something. It's something like 'gottya' with d...'duttya' ;)
Personally I love this car and if it's not too small for my needs I'd bought it.

Last edited:
To be honest, I can appreciate James' love of the Dacia as good solid transportation.

As unloved as a Dacia might be, I think that having such cars to help replace most of the awful 20-25 year old beaters people still flog around here would be a real improvement both environmentally and for safety.

Steve

Depends on how dilapidated the cars in your area are.

If an old car is in good kit and maintained properly it hurts the environment more to scrap it and build a new car.

Now if it's a car that is billowing blue smoke and other such pollutants, then by all means, get it off the road.

Everytime I see a Dacia Sandero (well, actually they're sold as renault here) I go: "great news!"... :lol:

Nati, you are from Argentina??? I thought I was the only Argentina that loves Top Gear. What is it called down there?

Over here we got 1 or 2 Renault Stepway (only stepway, no Sandero) so when i went to see the cars they had i just went ?Oh cock?