Dads new 2008 Ram 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
PowerWagons are pretty rare too. I really wanted one of those. But I can't see myself driving day-to-day.

http://img218.imageshack.**/img218/182/article597img0pq0.jpg

How does having a dodge make you look like a cock? And for the record, I drive a 4 cylinder truck and it is as slow as fucking hell. Thing can barely get out of its own way and then you add a load...... It's nice having a vehicle with power.

I'm sorry, i didnt know that you needed to race across town with a utility vehicle, i thought it was supposed to be rock-solid reliable and capable of carrying something a car cannot. Speed is not part of the equation.

And i believe somebody referred to be as "euro trash"? Err, i was born in new york, raised in cleveland, and i now live in Miami. Now i'm not sure what school you went to, but none of those are quite in europe. Living in the south has just left me with a powerful hatred of any big V10 truck that belches black smoke and has rubber testicles hanging from the towbar, i didnt intend to personally attack moparman.

I'm sorry, i didnt know that you needed to race across town with a utility vehicle, i thought it was supposed to be rock-solid reliable and capable of carrying something a car cannot. Speed is not part of the equation.

Did you even read my post? And why would a gas V10 belch black smoke?

Small trucks with 4cylinder engines are okay for most things, but they don't do anything quite as well as a full size truck, except sip gas.

My Toyota does okay for itself with the 4 banger, but it's still pushing 6,000lbs and with only 120hp, it's not going anywhere in a hurry.

Small trucks with 4cylinder engines are okay for most things, but they don't do anything quite as well as a full size truck, except sip gas.

Fair enough, but for utility (not "coolness") you need to remember that a 1996 Nissan truck is much cheaper to buy, cheaper to run and (most importantly) FAR more rock-solid reliable then any chrysler torquemobile. And it will stay that way for 20 years!

And when you're just carrying some broken cinder blocks down to the dump (which is what trucks do in real life, not tow million-ton trailers on a cliffside and try to stop dramatically before the edge :lol:), the Nissan is just as capable.

Homey.

You had an Aston Martin at your fingertips and you're sitting here posting about pick-up trucks.

Don't you ever hold out on us like that again or I'm coming down the 401 just to smack you.

PS - truck needs more chrome.

^ Says the guy with a a SsangYong avatar.

Fair enough, but for utility (not "coolness") you need to remember that a 1996 Nissan truck is much cheaper to buy, cheaper to run and (most importantly) FAR more rock-solid reliable then any chrysler torquemobile. And it will stay that way for 20 years!

And when you're just carrying some broken cinder blocks down to the dump (which is what trucks do in real life, not tow million-ton trailers on a cliffside and try to stop dramatically before the edge :lol:), the Nissan is just as capable.

I'm not too sure about that. Nissan hardbody's are okay, but they're not the best. And I'm not willing to bet my money on a Nissan outliving a pushrod Hemi V8. They're robust engines.

What you use the truck for is up to the owner. I use to own a 1998 Chevrolet S10 with a 4cyl, 2WD, and a 5speed. When we were doing landscaping in our backyard, I had to slip my truck back there and load so much dirt into the bed, I was almost rubbing my rear tires on my inner wheel wells. But the bed wasn't even full of dirt. It just wasn't made for those kind of loads. But when we were hauling river rock for my great uncles yard, we took a few Dodge Rams from the rental lot and filled them to the top with rock without breaking a sweat.

Some of you just dont understand how much pickups come in handy until you've owned one.

My dad didnt want tog et a pickup after our Suburban turned out to be a lemon, but now that hes owned one he always wants to live with one.

Thing is so damn nice for everything. And it will do tons more than some little Nissan pickup.

Somtimes you just gotta live with bad gas mileage. Who cares. If its what you want, then YOU drive it.

Nice truck man. Although im not much for Dodges, i do love my Chevys :)

pickuptires1.jpg

pickuptires2.jpg

Pickup trucks for the win!

Actually since the Ram 1500 that my dad got has the 5.7L Hemi V8 (mines got the cummins) it has the Multi-Displacement System, or more commonly referred to as "MDS" shutting off four of the eight cylinders under light conditions, and im amazed to say that its actually get about 18 miles per gallon in the city. And for anyone who knows a damn thing about gas-engine trucks, thats really, REALLY good.

PS. I love those thick tires that Chevy has on their pre-facelifted silverado's, they make it look so butch, lol.

Actually since the Ram 1500 that my dad got has the 5.7L Hemi V8 (mines got the cummins) it has the Multi-Displacement System, or more commonly referred to as "MDS" shutting off four of the eight cylinders under light conditions, and im amazed to say that its actually get about 18 miles per gallon in the city. And for anyone who knows a damn thing about gas-engine trucks, thats really, REALLY good.

PS. I love those thick tires that Chevy has on their pre-facelifted silverado's, they make it look so butch, lol.

Thanks, that pic was right after we got them. It was amazing, i was so happy lol. Thing sat up so much higher. i took it off-road to. Thing was a beast. Climbed through anything.

And yep, new Chevys have the MDS thing (or as they call it, Active Fuel Management) in their trucks. 07 Tahoes are reportedly getting 22mpg on the highway at 70-75mph.

That is NOT bad at all.

And I'm not willing to bet my money on a Nissan outliving a pushrod Hemi V8. They're robust engines.-

And the rest of the Truck? I mean you're on a TG forum, its well known that japanese trucks are invincible reliability-machines.

And the rest of the Truck? I mean you're on a TG forum, its well known that japanese trucks are invincible reliability-machines.

Except the Tundra, which is having as many recalls as sales.

As long as you get a manual in the Nissan, and 2WD, it should be problem free. Just as long as you don't live somewhere with lots of snow and salt. No doubt my Toyota would be fertilizer right now, had it not been a Arizona desert native.

He had it about 3 months ago when he bought this :p Sorry the photo is shitty, it was taken with my camera phone as I was following him home from the dealership.

And yes, it is an Aston Martin V8 Vantage. It's his "Sunday driver" and YES that is my sisters dog in the middle......friggin princess spoiled brat..

http://img211.imageshack.**/img211/858/image043dv5.jpg

One Meth? He's not a crack dealer is he? :p

You should've gotten the Resistol edition :-x

And then given me the hat! :p

That's more or less the point of the Holden and Ford Utes here, carry more than a car can (and more importantly odd shaped stuff) while still maintaining fuel consumption inline with a car (and drivability of a car) but they're 6's and 8's as opposed to the 4 in the nissan.

Wait, your dad owns a brand new AMV8 and you post pics of his Dodge Ram? Where was the Aston when you posted all of his cars on page 1?

Great Ram. I was helping a friend car shop (he ended up sticking with his Sable) and he was drooling over the new Rams. I even saw one with the friggin' MegaCab... dear Lord is that huge!

Status
Not open for further replies.