Dad's new car - BMW 320i Professional

I think it's a luxury car thing with the brake dust... I see so many Bimmers and Mercs which have totally blacked out rims because nobody has bothered cleaning them in weeks.

My Lexus got mad break dust on the front wheels too, but they luckily offer a free replacement, where they replace the pads with a kind that produces no dust but is supposedly less grabby - I don't notice a difference, except now it doesn't look like I have black rims in the front and silver in the back.

IMO having brake dust all over really ruins the look of your car... and cleaning it off, yikes.

my subaru had lots of brake dusts, mainly cos i push the car quite hard. The beemers got brake dust, so does the bantam, so does my father's E320 merc, and the SLK. come to a think of it, all the cars in our family have brake dusts.

guess its just one of those things...

Quick shots:

And about the problem of dirty wheels... We now have another problem. Stubborn brake dust sticks and cannot be washed off :(

As I said, that stuff comes off quite easily if you buy the wheel rim cleaner from bmw (or one from the shops will do) and use a high pressure hose to wash off what you sprayed on.

my subaru had lots of brake dusts, mainly cos i push the car quite hard. The beemers got brake dust, so does the bantam, so does my father's E320 merc, and the SLK. come to a think of it, all the cars in our family have brake dusts.

guess its just one of those things...

my brothers 2003 holden commodore doesn't suffer anywhere nearly as badly as the bmw.

^another trick you could use is buy Wheel Sealant, not many brands have them, I personally use Poorboy's and they have Wheel Sealant. It is pretty much Wax for your wheels, so when it gets dirty, just get a hose and all the brake dust will just slide off.. no wheel cleaner needed :D

and Hidden_Hunter, I agree.. BMW's are just in their own lead in generating brake dust... Japanese cars usually have very minimal, it just depends on the car and what pads manufacturer's use.