• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Daihatsu D-Compact Wagon (Scion xB / Toyota bB)

dutch_designer

16612.jpg

To be presented at the Geneva motorshow, it's been modified to fit more to the European taste and shares some styling elements with the Daihatsu Sirion 2.
According to Daihatsu the D-Compact Wagon has excellent interior space and a multifunctional interior. "On the European market at this moment there are no cars like this one" says Daihatsu. The D-Compact Wagon will definitely come to Europe, but when exactly is still not clear.

Looks cool to me, I actually think it looks a bit classier than the xB 2, I prefer the wider looking grill. Cool to see it finally coming to Europe, I'm sure it'll boost the Daihatsu image with the younger crowd here.

Re: Daihatsu D-Compact Wagon (Scion xB / Toyota bB)

dutch_designer said:
To be presented at the Geneva motorshow, it's been modified to fit more to the European taste and shares some styling elements with the Daihatsu Sirion 2.

The certainly failed in fitting my taste :yucky:

The Sirius 2 looks alright for a small car, though.

Looks like its hit a wall and then gone down the ugly tree.

"On the European market at this moment there are no cars like this one" says Daihatsu

At least they got that right......

vRS said:
Looks like its hit a wall and then gone down the ugly tree.

"On the European market at this moment there are no cars like this one" says Daihatsu

At least they got that right......

:lol: Hopefully they wondered why before deciding to put it on the market over here (obviously the didn't :? - I'd rather be seen in a Multipla)

Re: Daihatsu D-Compact Wagon (Scion xB / Toyota bB)

mautzel said:
dutch_designer said:

The certainly failed in fitting my taste :yucky:

My exact thoughts :p

Yeah I'm kinda curious, for those who don't like this car (everybody it seems), do you like the new xB concept? It's pretty much the same and the xB is a huge hit in the US.. Just interested, will this be a ricer favorite instead of a car more popular with sensible drivers?

fbc said:
:no: None of these tall boxes are even faintly attractive
When I first saw photos of the xB I thought the same thing, but last summer when I was in California I saw quite a lot of them, and they actually look pretty good in the metal. :)

fbc said:
:no: None of these tall boxes are even faintly attractive

Basically, we already have plenty of these box shaped cars (Renault Kangoo, Citroen Berlingo, Fiat Doblo), so the idea of it is nothing new really. None of them is sold because of its looks but solely because of their practicality and value for money because you get a lot of car for your money. If not used as a commercial vehicle, they're mostly driven by young families who need a big but cheap transport to go from A to B, hence I wouldn't call them fashionable over here.

+ they're utility vehicles, so you hardly pay any taxes on them

aznkukuboi said:
scion_xb.jpg

Scion xB.

Looks just like my wifes! Heh, same color and hubcaps.

As for that other thing, it looks like a melted Scion xA.

The Daihatsu thing looks like a Chevy HHR's back end hammered out to be more squarish, removed the taillights, and mated the front end to a modified xB's front clip to make it look like it's smiling...yeah.

As for the Boxes, it seems that most of the people who want to race and speed around in a Scion go for the xA, and the xB is typically driven by young girls or guys who think they're driving a mini-Escalade.

Who put that twisted perverted view of European car taste into the minds of car designers worldwide.
Someone should tell them that we hate boxy cars. They might be popular abroad but certainly not in Europe.

bone said:
+ they're utility vehicles, so you hardly pay any taxes on them
I dont think we have these kind of laws in Germany, but sure they exist in Belgium and Holland.
This car however is crap, not even worth mentioning in my eyes.