The Stig: Daily Telegraph claims to have identified The Stig

I dislike NASCAR intensely but...

At the 2001 24 Hours Of Daytona Dale Sr. finished 2nd in GT/4th overall sharing a Corvette C5R with his son Dale Jr., Andy Pilgrim and Kelly Collins. He was also one of the strongest Cup drivers on the two roadcourses the series' visits each season. He could turn right just fine.

lets not take anything away from NASCAR drivers. regardless of what most people think, any open minded person would know that its not at all easy to drive those cars, circle or not.

if nascar is bowls, formula one is snooker.
just a thought.

Last edited:
INFIDEL!!!! There is only one Stig and to say his name as a plural is blasphemy!!! The fleas of 1000 donkeys shall infest your jockstrap for all eternity should you utter such untruths again!!!

:lol: I'd give you some positive rep for that, but then I just gave you some for one of your previous posts. Still... brilliant! :D

Reactions: MWF
I don't wanna find out anyway, I like white Stig as he is, so why can the papers just bugger off alright?

My feelings exactly. The article carries no more weight than the reports by scientists who present the evidence for global warming/climate change because they have been given research grants to look for evidence of global warming/climate change.

Do you expect scientists to fund their own research? :blink: And they know the Earth is warming, they have been doing mean tempreture reports for decades and it has been going up and its some pretty simple maths to show that if you change the tempreture, the climate will change because it has to. So it makes your statement even more retarded then it is preposterous. Science isn't like religion where you say what the idea is and then prove it, Science is comming up with a hypothesis and carring out experiments to see whether your hypothesis is right and therefore, there is no 'null' result in science because if you don't prove that you are right, you have shown it to work in some otherway. People don't work for free, and nor do scientists. They have to be able to live and support their familes and the research they need to do is expensive. If you want to nullify results because scientists are funded then i suggest you go back to your church/mosque/bullshit outlet and pray because understanding the world around seems to be unimportant you.

Last edited:
Do you expect scientists to fund their own research? :blink:

I think what Mineworksfine meant was that there is an imbalance. if you have two alternative hypothesis', and you fund one with a hundred pounds, and the other with ten billion, the result is obvious. In science, truth is where the evidence is, and that can be exploited.

On the same token, if you look long and hard enough, you can find plenty of evidence for ben collins being the stig. that doesn't mean it's true in any reasonable sense of the word.

what i stated on the last page, that the telegraph also claims the first stig 'died' in a rocket-powered car (when it was just a jag with nitrous), is one indicator that the telegraph hasn't done the research properly.

fortunately, it's not an important question. that's why we talk so little about it, right?! :)

As I recall, its been stated (I believe By Perry McCarthy) that there are multiple Stigs at once. Whether thats still true or not I don't know, but if it is, AND they decide to fire Collins, the other driver(s) should still be able to stay. As much as I like White Stig, I guess I wouldn't mind a spectacular send off for him...

I think what Mineworksfine meant was that there is an imbalance. if you have two alternative hypothesis', and you fund one with a hundred pounds, and the other with ten billion, the result is obvious. In science, truth is where the evidence is, and that can be exploited.

You can only fund research, not the result. I doubt many scientists could be exploited like you say because they believe so strongly in finding the truth and educating people in the truth that being payed off goes against everything they stand for. Plus, when they enter the field of scientific research, they know they aren't going to be well payed and yet they still do it anyway.

I think the builder and gallery owner who "outed" Ben Collins as being The Stig should be shot off the deck of an aircraft carrier. Haven't they got anything better to do with their lives than ruin the fun that millions of other people enjoy... not to mention the damage they could do to Collins' life and work?

Last edited:
You can only fund research, not the result. I doubt many scientists could be exploited like you say because they believe so strongly in finding the truth and educating people in the truth that being payed off goes against everything they stand for. Plus, when they enter the field of scientific research, they know they aren't going to be well payed and yet they still do it anyway.

you're right, i jumped a bit ahead of myself there. of course, this only holds true if your scientists are biased in the first place. but i have some doubt this bias is impossible to archive, given the enomous amounts of money spent on global warming and the like.

I think the builder and gallery owner who "outed" Ben Collins as being The Stig should be shot off the deck of an aircraft carrier. Haven't they got anything better to do with their lives than ruin the fun that millions of other people enjoy... not to mention the damage they could do to Collins' life and work?

very good point!

he more than likely thought he could make a couple of quid out of it by selling his 'exclusive' story to a paper.

Here's my theory,

He either wanted to quit to focus on something else, or is moving.

As The Stig, his fame means nothing for him, because no one knew it was him...maybe once he's made the final decision to resign, maybe the show let him reveal it.

I mean, I have my doubts that he "accidentally" told someone "I am The Stig."

Isn't it convenient that he was revealed between seasons/series? This way they won't have to pretend no one knows for 3-4 episodes that have already been filmed and ready to air.

be honest, thats "ammo". if i knew who the stig was i wouldnt say it to anyone, but, money or not, it like he won the lottery. i still dont believe its true. i agree what was said before, anybody can run out and buy a white racing suit and helmet and gloves and put it out in the open for someone to see. racecar drivers have an even easier time landing that kinda stuff. do you guys not think its great for his rep? i know he isnt one of these star crazed attention grabbing american actor/athlete's and i dont know how the people in the public eye act there, but, tell me that wouldnt be a great way to get attention on yourself. i mean, before today, i had no idea that guy even existed, now, he is a household name, if not everywhere, atleast in my neighborhood of 200 who all watch the show. so, he has his name in america now. think about it.:|

Some say he's an idiot who might lose a great job because he can't keep his mouth shut. All we know is, he's called the Stig.

Perry McCarthy is still the stig. :ph34r: