Dailymail upset by TG again.

Meanwhile, the comments section for that article is dominated by people defending TG. The BBC should really sue the Daily Mail for royalties, considering how much business it stirs up for them.

Uh ohhh here we go again

http://img148.imageshack.**/img148/669/crybabyrm8.jpg

I think the daily mail feels obligated to find offense in something to do with Top Gear. Maybe they have a contract with their readers or whomever to get offended by Top Gear each and every week. If anything it's becoming laughable.

Ok, so what editor at Daily Mail decided to start a campaign against Top Gear this season? Did Clarkson run over his dog or something? Maybe his son put up a poster of Hammond and was caught with a copy of "Gay Times" under his mattress?

Seriously, this is starting to reek of a personal vendetta.

reported by Daily Mail Reporter
who? can you be proud of your own article. so wrote your name rather hiding behind the bushes

On a side note...why do these people who voice these complaints continually watch the show? (It is clear why they do) It is obvious they don't like it but continue to support it with their tvs tuned on. I assume that they have such pathetic, miserable lives and are completely insecure with their place that they will do anything to exercise the slightest bit of power, not matter how absurd. They need to take a long look in the mirror.

I'm reading the comments now:

Make this the subject of a "Poll of the Day"...

The question should be "Would you like to give Americans the finger?"

Probably beat 80% Yes?!!
- cj, Winchester, England, 10/11/2008 7:06

:lol: Best. Reply.... In The World!

My reply:
Which editor started the anti-Top Gear campaign this season? Did Clarkson run over your dog? Was your son caught under the covers with a photo of Hammond and a copy of "Gay Times?"

If anyone should be angry it should be me, you damn plucky Brits coming over here and flipping off our peace officers. I'm not angry, not in the slightest. Yes, I'm an American and I'm here defending Top Gear. First of all, this happened in MY country and I'm not angry about it, so why should anyone else be worked up? The boys were entertaining - sorry, factual and it was a good show. The whole point was to indulge in what it means to be American - drive vulgar, overpowered cars, burnout at the lights, and general hooliganism. We've all done it and we knew it was naughty - and that is what makes it fun. There are any number of things to complain about - crashing a borrowed car, doing burnouts in the middle of a motorway or setting off car alarms - and you pick a hand gesture with no vocal context?

Love this part I think he just knows that he can get away with this sort of thing, he probably likes all the publicity.'
So why give him the publicity if they hate him that much.
Maybe Jeremy is secretly editing the Daily mail to get free publicity.

From the article/anti-BBC agenda:

At the licence payer's expense the trio were on a dream trip to race sports cars on the legendary salt flats near Utah.

"At the licence payer's expense"

That's what the licence Fee is for - to make programmes.

"the trio were on a dream trip to race sports cars"
No they weren't - they were trying to set a specific time over a mile.

He can clearly be seen making the hand signal twice in front of the officer - who remarkably does not seem to notice.

Or maybe, just maybe, the policeman - unlike the unnamed 'journalist', understood what Jeremy was doing in context.

John Bayer, director of Media Watch UK, said the gesture was another example of how the BBC lets its top presenter get away with being offensive.

Well, you get away with being pointless - live and let live.

Make it say "TopGear strikes again!"

http://img150.imageshack.**/img150/964/18374031ep4.jpg

Fuck me, this is bandwagoneering of the worst kind, it stems from Brand and Ross (who, unlike TG aren't funny) and their tastelessness.
It'll pass over, the Daily Mail are just kicking the BBC at a perceived weak moment. They'll find some amusingly shaped vegetables or some immigrants to talk about soon and this will be forgotten.

I'm not from Britain so I'm not particularly familiar with all the different tabloids in the UK. But is the Daily Mail a respectable newspaper? Or should I think more along the lines of News of the World?

Anyway, everybody who has seen the show couldn't possibly arrive at the conclusion that Jeremy was trying to insult the police officer. And even so, it was just good fun, as was the entire show last night. This Daily Mail reporter should be more proud of this amazing British export product. Uptight pillock :p.

I don't really understand what the problem is. If Clarkson stepped on enough peoples toes in this episode, the US just won't let Top Gear back in to film. You can't really arrest someone for flipping you the bird. It's disrespectful, sure. Isn't that what we've come to expect from Jeremy though?

I keep getting a 404 - Article not found error. Which is just as good, I suppose...