• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VWKafer

Car(s)
1975 Volkswagen Superbeetle
Well, I guess I really am the resident forum computer idiot, last week my sound card crapped out. I decided I could probably fix it myself, so i tried reloading the driver and that didnt work, and then I tried pulling out the sound card and putting it back in but it is built into my motherboard, so then i tried the driver thing one more time with a disk that came with the computer instead of a downloaded driver and it killed my computer, no sound, no internet, and im locked in the lowest screen resolution and colour settings... well shit, now im using my parents computer but I can't d/l TopGear. what do i do!?! p.s. my parents just told me that we'll be getting really fast cable internet, is this good?

sounds like your computer is booting up in safe mode. I'd suggest either rolling back the drivers you've installed or using System Restore and restoring back to a point before this problem.

If these don't work, it might be time for a format...

I'm thinking that it might just be time for a format. :thumbsdown:

Re: DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does sound like safe mode. A windows re-install is probably what is needed, but if that doesn't fix your sound issues then you're most likely going to need a new sound card, which are pretty cheap right now.

VWKafer said:
p.s. my parents just told me that we'll be getting really fast cable internet, is this good?

Certainly :)

problem half solved, a system restore to a week ago fixed the tweaking out, but not the sound issue, at least I can get TG for this week!

Don't just install new drivers, that's asking for problems. Before you do that, uninstall your current ones. Since your sound is onboard, you probably have to reinstall the whole motherboard package driver (or you can make a selection when installing your mobo drivers).

Greetz Johan

Are you certain your speakers work as well? Unlikely they stop at the same time, but it does happen. :)

maybe ur soundcard is just broken...

freerider said:
Don't just install new drivers, that's asking for problems. Before you do that, uninstall your current ones.
I did uninstall, and to no avail, and the speakers are fine, the computer doesnt want to recognise the fact it has a sound card inside it, XP tells me that the card is working, but it tells me I have no sound device.