Damon Hill ridicules Clarkson !!

Ah yes, I had a read of that this morning... thought it was a well written article and a few jabs at JC and motoring journalists in general :p

I respect Clarkson to nearly no end, however, Damon Hill makes some strong arguments. I agree with him.

Hill probably considers ?126,000 pocket money, but for most people that is a huge amount of cash. I can't imagine myself paying all that money and getting anything less than perfection for it.

I agree with Clarkson on this one.

wait....how does he ridicule clarkson...he jst says a lil bit bout him

I see he managed to get a plug in for this P1 club

I think the P1 club looks quite good. I may look into joining, although I'm not sure I'm in the country enough to get to fully use it. But you would get to drive some new nice cars.

I've seen another car club, but I can't remember the name of it, that has an Enzo, a Carrera GT and an SLR amongst their collection you can borrow. Now that would be cool! :thumbsup:

P1 seems to be a nice investment. Maybe, if you are thinking about buying another sportscar, and you live somewhere near London, it would be the alternative to go.

Especially since the M5 is only in Group 2. But I guess you profit the most, if you have time during the week... The good ones will be out on the weekends mostly.

Buba

I know there's one in Finland. They rent some "special" cars, bikes and boats to everyone, but it's much cheaper for club members.

Although it looks like 360 Spider is the closest to supercar they have. It costs 2000 euro a day (650 for members). M5 is a bit under 1000 euros.

P1 is a ripoff, it's way too expensive for what you get, and they don't have the big boys in their list (Enzo, SLR, CGT, Zonda, Koenigsegg, etc)

:thumbsdown:

BTW, I thought Damon Hill and Clarkson were friends! :lol:

Isn't ridicule and mockery deeply ground in the brittish society and the way people treat eachother? Things need to be taken with a grain of salt I think.

Renesis said:
P1 is a ripoff, it's way too expensive for what you get, and they don't have the big boys in their list (Enzo, SLR, CGT, Zonda, Koenigsegg, etc)

:thumbsdown:

... so then are they attracting the "public" with Mondeos !!?? :lol:

Class 5: Ford GT
Ferrari 575M
Lamborghini Gallardo
Aston Martin Vanquish
Lamborghini Murcielago
Aston Martin DB9 Volante
Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
Bentley Arnage T
Ferrari F430 Spider*
Aston Martin Vanquish S

Class 4: Ferrari F430
Aston Martin DB9 manual
Ferrari 360 Spider
Bentley Continental GT
Mercedes SL55 AMG
Porsche 996 Turbo Cabriolet
Ferrari 360 Modena
Porsche 996 Turbo
Porsche 911 GT2*
Aston Martin DB9

Class 3: Maserati GranSport
Mercedes SL500
Maserati Quattroporte*
Porsche 997 Carrera S
Aston Martin V8 Vantage*
Porsche 997 Carrera S Cabriolet
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Noble M14*
Porsche 997 Carrera 4S*

Class 2: BMW M3 CSL
Range Rover Vogue
Mercedes E55 AMG
Ferrari 355 Berlinetta
Audi RS6 Avant
BMW M5
Range Rover Sport*

Class 1: Noble M400*
Porsche Cayman S*
Lotus Exige S2
BMW M3 Convertible
Mitsubishi Evo MR340
Caterham Roadsport SV
Porsche Cayenne S*
AC Cobra

It's nice, but not worth the huge amount of cash they're asking for it...

I think their lineup is simply awesome.
Sure, you are right about the Hypercars, but provided that an average Ferrari does 2000 - 3000 miles a year, you can have 2 Ferraris (kind off...) In that one year. Plus you get to drive a lot of different cars, plus you can go to their trackdays once a month, and I'm guessing trackdays aren't cheap...
Dunno. Its a lot of money, but instead of buying a F430 spider, you can have 10 years of membership (the good one) and save the insurance (won't be cheap, at least not in Germany...)

Buba

For some reason, I have a feeling Clarkson contributed to that article. The writing was very... Clarksonish.