Daredevil on Netflix

I've seen the first two episodes of season 2 yesterday. It's not as good as S1 so far in my opinion, but well, it's still got 8 eps to deliver. :)

I've seen the first two episodes of season 2 yesterday. It's not as good as S1 so far in my opinion, but well, it's still got 8 eps to deliver. :)

I watched three episodes and I am feeling the same.
It's good, but it feels...half-assed, so far.

finished it last night, really enjoyed it. different pace and setup from season 1 but really enjoyed it, excited to see where it goes from here.

Charlie Cox is not great either.
Jon Bernthal, on the other hand, is perfect as Frank Castle.

That second season started off meh but picked up pretty quickly.
Good job, Netflix.

I have finished watching the second season, and as written before, I have mixed feelings. For one thing, I do think that Daredevil works better as long as it's rooted in a "realistic" world without mystic elements. But ironically, the season only really kicked off after Elektra and the Hand were thrown into the mix.

The ep "Seven Minutes in Heaven", with the Punisher fight in the prison, was perhaps the moment when the season changed form "meh" to "kinda good".

It still lacked what made the first season so special - the origin story aspect which made the characters stuff way more interesting.

I have finished watching the second season, and as written before, I have mixed feelings. For one thing, I do think that Daredevil works better as long as it's rooted in a "realistic" world without mystic elements. But ironically, the season only really kicked off after Elektra and the Hand were thrown into the mix.

The ep "Seven Minutes in Heaven", with the Punisher fight in the prison, was perhaps the moment when the season changed form "meh" to "kinda good".

It still lacked what made the first season so special - the origin story aspect which made the characters stuff way more interesting.

I somewhat agree with you, but so far, all the mysticism is myth and nothing is supernatural. So far, everything is "real" and everything else is something the Hand and Stick believe and not necessarily true. :p

Punisher was really the star of this season, in my opinion.

Just finished, so my usual rambles...

I wanted Jessica Jones and Luke to help at the end. We got the lezza from Jessica Jones instead.
Like the terragen in Shield, as soon as they buried her I knew she was getting exhumed.

The guy who got decapitated by Stick isn't dead either. Nobo was more badarse in the first season as well.

The Punisher turned up 5 seconds too late. :lol: It was cool though.

Fisk just vanished midway.

Interested to see what's on the micro CD.

[...] Punisher was really the star of this season, in my opinion.

Yes.

I did not really like this season. It only really came alive for me in the punisher-arch, the electra/the hand arch did nothing for me. The whole set up for the ending felt lazy.
One Moment in the last episode took the cake for me.
In the last Episode when Matt gave his litte speech about the hand having superpowers being a myth and it only needed debunking, I laughed out loud. Matt Murdock everyone, devout catholic.

Just like Agent Carter, the second season of Daredevil made me just think "maybe they should have just done one Season and leave it at that". And thinking about it, I don?t really think Daredevil has a lot more to give in this format. Maybe it would have been better doing a Punisher-series and having Daredevil be the "guest" there. Maybe that would have been the way to go.

Well, they are doing a Punisher spin off....

I finally got around to watching season 2. I thought it was pretty good. The first season was grittier, which was good, but season two felt a bit more exciting to me. I agree with others, Frank Castle was the star of this season.

One thing I thought was funny was Daredevil's insistence on not killing. It didn't seem to work out very well, while Stick, Electra, and the Punisher were killing everyone left and right.