Das Auto.....my new car.

TopGearDog

Car(s)
Mondeo TDCI
Just bought a 1998 VW Golf 1.6 in very good condition, only a couple of minor things to pass inspection. It's manual and has been driven 122.000km's which i have no idea what is in miles. It's very nice to drive and is in very good condition.

This thing cost me ?460 and it came with a pretty good stereo and speakers too that previous owner had installed.

silfur.jpg

silfur3.jpg

silfur2.jpg

yumm yummm yummyyyy!!! I saw, for the first time, here in Pakistan that Golf, the guy was asking 800,000 Pakistani rupees, that equals to almost US $10,000! But still, honestly, if I had that much budget for a car, i would have not let him go :p

Last edited:
Bargain, you'd be looking at 5-6 times that much in the UK!

Yeah it's a good deal, but it does also need some fixing, but nothing major.

Any comments on the pics guys/girls? Did i go overboard with the contrast and saturation? The time of day wasnt ideal, afternoon sun, bright with harsh shadows and i couldnt setup any fill light.

This was just random shooting but since this is the first car i've owned that looks half decent, i'll be doing lots of practise photoshoots with it in the future.

looks good imo, fresh looking pics. In here you pay atleast 5000? for a -98 golf.

On my monitor, the contrast is just right.

Same here, very crisp and clear look. :)

Your Vee-Dub looks very clean and tidy too. There's something about the Mk4 Golf that means it fits in any country.

Watch the haloing in the first and third pictures, its quite apparent.

Nice car and good luck!

WOW! about 2 years ago I spent 7000? on a Mk4 1.6. Nice find!

Bargain, you'd be looking at 5-6 times that much in the UK!

Or 15-20 times more if you'd been living in Denmark...
...but you don't, and you should thank god for that ;)

Congrats with your purchase, it's a nice car. I thought 4-wheel drive was more or less indispensable in Iceland unless you live in Reykjavik, but perhaps you do?

Or 15-20 times more if you'd been living in Denmark...
...but you don't, and you should thank god for that ;)

Congrats with your purchase, it's a nice car. I thought 4-wheel drive was more or less indispensable in Iceland unless you live in Reykjavik, but perhaps you do?

Thanks.

Yeah i live in Reykjavik....hehe. You dont really need 4wd here unless you live in a small village way out in the country or travel alot between places or go on mountain tours. There's not as much snow here anymore as people think. Just crap weather....hehe. :lol:

I wasn't reffering specifically to the weather actually (and I know Iceland isn't covered in ice ;) ), but more to the general conditions of the roads outside the cities. But perhaps you stay in the city most of the time?

nauh, GTI her:D, er ad reyna losa mig vid hann samt, kaupa svo E30 325 og mokka brjall!