Dashboard video recorder, anyone?

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Passat Alltrack
So, a guy I know asked me if I could get him a cheap video recorder. He's a delivery truck driver and sees plenty of idiots on a daily basis. He isn't a tech person and asked me for recommendations. Of course, I headed for dealextreme. Then I promptly found that they have over 400 different models to choose from and crappy descriptions, at best. Ugh.

So, does anyone here have anything in particular to recommend? Here's the wishlist:

- Two-figure pricetag (in USD).
- At least 720p, I guess they all are.
- Turns on and off automatically with the ignition, shouldn't have to do anything other than start his truck in the morning.
- Loop recording, ie erases the oldest material when the card is full. This is standard, isnt it?
- No microphone, or the ability to turn audio recording off. He obviously gets lot of work related phonecalls all the time and does not want the thing eavesdropping on him.
- 24V compatible if possible. I'm fairly sure his truck has a 12V outlet though. Mini or micro USB power jack would make this a non-issue.
- GPS logger that puts vehicle speed into a corner of the recorded video. Many dealextreme ones have a "gps logger" feature but what does the "log" look like? Separate text file on the card, or burned into the video? I have no idea.

Thanks. Looking into it. :)