Datsun & Nissan Museum@Thaworn Phornprapha Hall of Fame: True Shitefest.

Conan

Car(s)
Mazda 2, Toyota Corolla
Today I drove 150km to a beachside town of Pattaya to visit not the beach, but rather, the second most famous car museum in Thailand. The Datsun & Nissan Museum at Thaworn Phornprapha Hall of Fame.

Thaworn Phornprapha was the founding father of Siam Kolkarn, part of which is the Siam Motors Group. The first and most famous importer/distributor of Nissan motor cars in Thailand. And also one of the first 5 automobile factory in Thailand back in the 60's. (After Fiat, Ford, Mercedes-Benz, and Prince Motor (which wasn't a part of Datsun then)).

For a free display, there is quite a lot of interesting metal to see. :)

IMG_0217.JPG

Nissan NV: The Sunny Ute.

IMG_0221.JPG

The original Sunny Ute.

IMG_0223.JPG

Datsun 720.

IMG_0226.JPG

D21 Hardbody.

IMG_0228.JPG

520 in traditional public transport guise.

IMG_0230.JPG

Datsun Junior.

IMG_0231.JPG

Nissan Diesel 780.

IMG_0233.JPG

Bleugh.

IMG_0234.JPG

Excellent looking Sunny Coupe.

IMG_0236.JPG

Old Stanza. I have not seen one of these since... Well... The 90's.

IMG_0237.JPG

Nissan Sentra B12

IMG_0240.JPG

A minter looking Bluebird 910.

IMG_0242.JPG

No joke, this was sold as Nissan Infiniti when it was new. Most later arrived with President nameplate though.

IMG_0244.JPG

An excellent looking Laurel which ooze a lot of desire.

IMG_0247.JPG

This is just a Maxima for US reader, but with no sporty pretension.

IMG_0248.JPG

Taxicab Cedric Classic Y31.

IMG_0251.JPG

A minter, all original Turbo S13. When was the last time you seen one?

IMG_0253.JPG

No joke, it's all original down to the stereo.

IMG_0256.JPG

More truck! 620 this time. It was a tough little car. Hilux before Hilux was a thing.

IMG_0264.JPG

There was a couple of Sunny in various guise and era here. This is the B210. Looks smart.

IMG_0263.JPG

The original Sunny.

IMG_0266.JPG

A much better looking B11. Still a common sight on the public road as it was sold from 1984 to 1994!

IMG_0261.JPG

Remember the 410? No one remembers the 410... I'm surprised there was no 510 here though.

IMG_0268.JPG

Here's another look at the whole place.

IMG_0269.JPG

Where've all of these gone? Oh right, rust.

There was a lot of cars you don't see a lot anymore. It was worth the journey. :D

Reactions: TC
CraigB;n3544798 said:
Very cool! Lots of great examples of what some considered throw away cars.

We never got any of the items, which is a shame. They are fantastic looking little trucks!

I'm afraid some of the exhibit is showing sign of age. I suspect they are not very well maintained. (It's a free display after all.)

North America did get some of the bigger trucks though, didn't it? D21 and 620 for example. But I guess the Sunny Trucks would be far too small to be worth importing. Especially with chicken tax. :) I can attest that even the tiny Sunny utes are tough little worker!

Conan;n3544799 said:
I'm afraid some of the exhibit is showing sign of age. I suspect they are not very well maintained. (It's a free display after all.)

North America did get some of the bigger trucks though, didn't it? D21 and 620 for example. But I guess the Sunny Trucks would be far too small to be worth importing. Especially with chicken tax. :) I can attest that even the tiny Sunny utes are tough little worker!

That's a shame that they aren't getting the care they deserve. At least they seem to be mostly out of the weather.

We got all of the larger trucks (except the Junior). I lust after a 521, but a never can find one worth buying. I've had two D21s and currently have a 620 that needs quite a bit of work (it was in a garage during a tornado).

Well, the cars are out of the element, also polished and shiny. The condition do varied quite a lot depending on the car. Stuff that are actually special are in much nicer nick than the workhorse and basic family car (Although there are exceptions). Maybe it's just that the car was sourced in that condition and simply never got any better. One thing of note is that this is not an official Nissan display, it's semi-official at best because of distributor change.

Conan;n3544792 said:

I laughed a little bit. Maybe I should paint my couple of my cars pink too?

Nice pictures. :thumbsup:

If you do, get it right and leave the bumpers unpainted. :p