DB9 on track

logo

I duno if you guys discussed this before, but i was watching some eps.. and saw the DB9 ep, they gave it a really good review.. but they didn't take it to the track! or did they? :oops: in the same ep they took i think the lotus exige..should've been both cars v12 6 liter 460hp and he said it has brilliant handling.. i wanted to see its time :'(

Zen

i think ur referring to the lil drag race they did with DB9 vs Bentley's Contential GT and the Merc CL65 AMG?

andyhui01

Forum Addict
Car(s)
00' Subaru Forester GT
Re: DB9 on track

logo said:
I duno if you guys discussed this before, but i was watching some eps.. and saw the DB9 ep, they gave it a really good review.. but they didn't take it to the track! or did they? :oops: in the same ep they took i think the lotus exige..should've been both cars v12 6 liter 460hp and he said it has brilliant handling.. i wanted to see its time :'(

Yup logo ur rite... the never took it on the track... i didn't realize till u mentioned it... hehe

oliB

Perhaps the lap was to slow and because it is a British car it had to be brilliant, so... :roll: :wink:

justin syder

Car(s)
1986 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Perhaps the lap was to slow and because it is a British car it had to be brilliant, so...

you know, that isnt that far fetched!! i agree, especially since it was put in the "fridge" which was the farthest, coolest place to put a car. They made it out to be the coolest car ever on the show and they wouldnt want to mess that up with an average lap.

logo

i agree with you guys, but how bad was it.. i mean with it's specs it should be alright, maybe same as a m3 csl? 911 turbo?

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
u'r kidding wright? the DB9 will be nowhere near those times. i think it will be in the same league as the ferrari 575, SL 55 AMG, ... and do you expect/want it to be faster? i don't. the car is still about style, prestige and comfort. not flying around a track

logo

v12 man :p it should be faster i duno its still not a merc. plus when they were doing the CL65 track time at one point JC says its faster than a DB9 here, so it looks like they took it on the track, but never showed the time.. :evil:

oliB

He doesn't say the CL65 is faster on the track! He says the CL65 is much quicker in a straight line than the Continental GT and the DB9. (referring to the drag race they've done) :p

cya
Oli