DB9-sized Saab coupe... at geneva

I'm waiting for the pictures before judging on it - sounds... interesting :| (I'm not sure if Saab customers will be the best target group for such a sort of car)

400hp V6 using E85 and lambo sort of doors and most likely awd, thats pretty much all is known.

Saab concepts have usually been quite good when it comes to looks and realistic.

What comes to Saab customers they are desperate for more sporty cars, like 2-seater ones. Turbo technology changed core customer base to be more performance oriented than it used to be. Less tweed professors and more younger high educated people, mostly engineers.

Sadly Saab needs to focus its bread and butter cars first, next 9-5, crossover, entry model and that sort of things.
After those are pretty much rolling then comes time and money for "halo" car.

Expectations for this car are of course enormous from everyone. Most likely it will meet majority of these.

haha well because my topic was closed, i will post the pic here:

16892.jpg

Yeah thanks for sharing on your first post but if a related topic already exists on something you wish to share with us, post it there instead of making a new one ;)

Yeah thanks for sharing on your first post but if a related topic already exists on something you wish to share with us, post it there instead of making a new one ;)

Haha yeah i know but i didnt see the other topic about it, that was a little later. So then i edited it, but i could have better deleted it i think :p But it doesnt matter, its about the car.

Autoweek has been lazy, they've nicked the SLR turbine rims..

I believe this is not a photoshop car, and when it is, autoweek didnt make it :p

Well, you can't deny some similarities in shape. When I heared of a Saab Coupe first, I had rather something like a Coupe version of the 9-5 in mind, that picture really surprises me somehow because it's just no Saab.

This is what the Sonett looked like in the very beginning, and how it should have remained imo:
9404.jpg

Weight less than 500 kg, 58 hp from a three-pot twostroker and an aluminium monocoque...in 1955.

Rumors says that the name comes from 's? n?tt' which means 'so light' in swedish. Doesn't seem like the Aero X is gonna deserve that name :p

im not too keen on the exterior, but that interior is just perfect. look how cool/confusing those gauges are!

http://img150.imageshack.**/img150/1246/speedometer7gl.jpg

the redline is only at 600rpm?

Those doors are so utterly, comically impractical. I love it. :thumbsup: