DD, Track, Burn

DD: 288 GTO.
Track: 250 GTO. If you don't know how to drive it properly, do what Nick Mason does and get yourself a racing driver son-in-law.
Torch: 599 GTO. Sorry, too comically ugly.

DD the 288 GTO
Track the 250 GTO

Destroy the 599 GTO, I wouldn't be happy doing it though.

I would want the 599 as DD, should be the most comfortable, but it's the only one I could scrap without my heart bleeding...

So:

DD: 288 - to me it's just the best looking Ferrari ever...
Track: 250
Burn: 599

DD: 288 GTO
Track: 250 GTO
Burn: 599 GTO - sorry, but I don't want a Mark IV Supra with flappy paddles.

Ooooooh this is a tough one. On one hand I wouldn't dare daily driving something as rare as a 250 GTO - every little trip to the grocery store would be a nightmare with the fear of some moron scraping the side with a shopping trolley. On the other I could not with good conscience burn it either and I've never been a fan of the 288....seeing as how the 599 GTO would be the most capable on a track by far, that's an easy decision. One can always argue wether or not it deserves the "GTO" nameplate, but that's not the point. Sooooo:

DD: 250 GTO - I'd rather crash it in traffic than burn.
Track: 599 GTO - the most capable track car
Burn: 288 GTO - never was a huge fan of this and rather burn this than the 250.

Last edited:
DD: 250 GTO - it would just be too cool to cruise around in one of these on the streets
Track: 288 GTO
Burn: 599 GTO - because I could never bring myself to burn the others

This one is going to have a twist. I don't know how much its going to work though

2014 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 - 5.8L 662hp supercharged V8. Manual gearbox. Fully loaded with every option checked. You get the car for free, but you have to pay for the gas, the tires, the insurance, the maintenance, the repairs, etc. Assume you make a reasonable salary. Nothing outrageous. Something around the range of if you get an unexpected blowout and need to replace it right away, it may cut into your life a bit (might have to not go out for a while (if you choose to DD this), or pass on the next trackday (if you choose to track this), or something along those lines).
L9TUJqC.jpg

2010 Ford Mustang GT - 4.6L 315hp V8. Automatic gearbox. No options, just the base car. You get the car for free, and never have to put a penny into it. All expenses paid for including gas, tires, insurance, maintenance, repairs, etc.
tsgJBip.jpg

2014 Ford Mustang V6 - 3.7L 305hp V6. Manual gearbox. Fully loaded with everything including the track pack. Same deal as the GT, all expenses paid.
lXwkLqg.jpg

Last edited:
Pffffft....easy.

DD: 2010 4.6 GT - daily driving is what racks up the expenses, thus this would save the most money. More than enough of a car for everyday use and I reckon more comfortable than the Shelby.

Track: 2014 Shelby GT500 - track it only when have enough money saved up and event then the main costs would be tires + gas, unless you bin it of course. The most capable on the track of these.

Burn: 2014 V6 - I am still on of those people who thinks an american muscle car without a V8 is blasphemy. Burn it with pleasure.

Pffffft....easy.

DD: 2010 4.6 GT - daily driving is what racks up the expenses, thus this would save the most money. More than enough of a car for everyday use and I reckon more comfortable than the Shelby.

Track: 2014 Shelby GT500 - track it only when have enough money saved up and event then the main costs would be tires + gas, unless you bin it of course. The most capable on the track of these.

Burn: 2014 V6 - I am still on of those people who thinks an american muscle car without a V8 is blasphemy. Burn it with pleasure.

Same for me. The V6 gets the fire treatment because without the track package, it's pretty much worthless when my other options at the GT and GT500

Updated it slightly (changed the V6 to include the trackpack because I confused myself when writing it up). Also realized I forgot to put my choices down.

Seeing as how I'm not all that social, I wouldn't care if I had to be a shut in for a while if I needed to financially recover from a new tire or expensive service, I'd DD the GT500. And the V6 track pack is a very capable car, so I think I'd take that one over the base autobox GT. If that means destroying the V8, so be it, I've already got a supercharged one in the stable.

Last edited:
Updated it slightly (changed the V6 to include the trackpack because I confused myself when writing it up). Also realized I forgot to put my choices down.

Seeing as how I'm not all that social, I wouldn't care if I had to be a shut in for a while if I needed to financially recover from a new tire or expensive service, I'd DD the GT500. And the V6 track pack is a very capable car, so I think I'd take that one over the base autobox GT. If that means destroying the V8, so be it, I've already got a supercharged one in the stable.

Well, if the V6 has the Track pack, I'll need to change my answer.
DD: V6 (trackpack + mpgs = good DD)
Track: GT500
Burn: GT

DD: 2014 V6 Premium
Track: Shelby GT500
Burn: 2010 GT - sorry, but an automatic with no SYNC and cloth seats? When I can have a V6 with SYNC, the Shaker 500 stereo, leather and the Performance Package and all I have to give up is 10hp and 45 lb-ft of torque? I can live with that.

Is it 10? I thought it was only 5hp difference between the 2014 V6 and 2010 V8.

Is it 10? I thought it was only 5hp difference between the 2014 V6 and 2010 V8.

It's 10. The 2010 4.6 is rated at 315hp and 325 lb-ft of torque. The Cylone 3.7 is rated at 305hp and 280 lb-ft of torque.

And that's from the Ford website, BTW.

Oh. I got mixed up in the engine chart on the wikipage. Read the first digit off the 3.7 V6 line and the 2nd and 3rd digits from the 4.0 V6 line.

I hate to copy, but:

DD: V6 (Should make a fun and nippy little driver.)
Track: GT500 (I'd put it to use at the auto-x and dragstrip. Then an occasional trip to a road course.)
Burn: 2010 GT (I think this year of GT will always be shunned for being the slower cousin to the 2011-2014 cars.)

I hate to copy, but:

DD: V6 (Should make a fun and nippy little driver.)
Track: GT500 (I'd put it to use at the auto-x and dragstrip. Then an occasional trip to a road course.)
Burn: 2010 GT (I think this year of GT will always be shunned for being the slower cousin to the 2011-2014 cars.)

Another +1 here.

free 305hp with manual trans and better weight distribution at the cost of 10 hp and exhaust note. Clutch travel as long as a truck though,