DD, Track, Burn

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Got this idea from oppositelock.jalopnik, so I figured I'd bring it over here. Concept is simply, I post 3 cars per day and you choose which one you keep as a daily driver, which one becomes your track toy, and which one you destroy.

Starting off today - black American power barges.

Mercury Marauder
jeRZmkZ.jpg

Chevy Impala SS (B Body)
V85cWzz.jpg

Chrysler 300C SRT8
frcVASz.jpg

I'd probably DD the Chevy, track the Marauder, and destroy the Chrysler. While the Chrysler would probably be the most comfortable, I just love that generation Impala too much to destroy one.

Last edited:
I'd probably DD the Chevy, track the Marauder, and destroy the Chrysler. While the Chrysler would probably be the most comfortable, I just love that generation Impala too much to destroy one.

Personally, I'd DD the 300, Track the Marauder and Destroy the Chevy. My fathers 06 Impala has tainted the way I view Impalas.

I'd DD the Marauder, track the Impala and burn the 300.

DD the 300, save the Impala for the weekend, burn the Merc.

DD the 300 SRT8, track the Marauder, and then shit on the Impala before dumping it in a pool of acid.

DD the 300 SRT8, easy choice. Since the type of track isn't specified and none of these cars are known for their handling, I'd turn the LT1-powered Impala SS into a monstrous drag car and burn down the Marauder.

From now on assume the track for every challenge is the Nurburgring unless otherwise specified.

Today you will be deciding on the fates of Stuttgart's supercars.

nz3UQdV.jpg

Carrera GT
5xwMDxE.jpg

J6WRRDH.jpg

I'd DD the 959, track the 918, and burn the CGT.

DD: 959
Track: CGT
Burn: 918

CGT is one of my if not THE favorite all time hypercar. I love the knife edge handling of it, I like that it needs to be manhandled, that it is not easy to drive. And dat noise. And a proper manual gearbox. And those looks. I love it. One of the last "race cars for the road".

The 959 I reckon would be the most comfortable on a day to day basis: not overly powerful and edgy for town traffic, easiest to see out of (I'm assuming) and I'd also assume the smallest.

918 is "just another" modern hypercar - too much of everything for my taste.

I'd like to see some arguments from others as well as to why you choose one over the other instead of pure listing.

DD: 918
It has an automatic transmission; perfect for the start stop traffic.
It is a hybrid and can travel in electric mode only. Should return decent fuel economy.
I could use it for almost any event.

Track: 959
One of my favourite Porsches, yet Is very probably too fragile for everyday use.
I very probably lack the skill or enough brave pills to Vmax the other two. This is the 'slowest' of them all and I could probably reach its limits sooner before I hit the armco when I run out of skill.
I wouldn't need to 'prove' the car against every other track day maniac.

Burn: Carrera GT
This is nigh on heresy here, as I do adore this car. But against the other two? Not nearly as much.

DD: 918
It is a hybrid and can travel in electric mode only. Should return decent fuel economy.

Porsche says 10-20 miles in EV mode with a 4 hour recharge. I don't know about where you live, but that won't get me anywhere.

Porsche says 10-20 miles in EV mode with a 4 hour recharge. I don't know about where you live, but that won't get me anywhere.

Get to the office in the morning, charge it during the day. Worst case scenario is that I'll have to burn a few dinosaurs if I want to travel further.

Get to the office in the morning, charge it during the day. Worst case scenario is that I'll have to burn a few dinosaurs if I want to travel further.

When you're in a 918, I don't think thats a "worst case" at all.