DD, Track, Burn

DD: Merc
Track: G8 (Especially if I can add a supercharger and effectively have this car)
Burn: Lexus (It may be more reliable than the E-class - though based on what I saw on Top Gear I'm not so sure - the E-class seems to be the better car.)

FWIW, there is no such thing as a 2009 Mercedes E55 AMG - the 507hp E63 model was introduced in 2007.

Last edited:
America: 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP - 415 hp, 405 lb?ft V8
ixooXzf.jpg

America!? I'm sorry, but seeing as we make so few cars here, I have to take a stand. That's clearly a Aussie car that the yanks merely stuck some badges on.

I'd DD the Merc - perfect car for the job really
Track the Holden - easy and cheap to make it decent on a track
Burn the Lexus, impressive car but does nothing for me.

Today - Kei cars that make a Miata seem huge.

Mazda Autozam AZ-1

Suzuki Cappuccino
q7fS8mm.jpg

Honda Beat
QUY09Rs.jpg

Last edited:
In the entirely hypothetical situation where I could fit in these cars comfortably:
DD: AZ-1, because gullwings are cool
Track: Cappuccino
Burn: Beat, because nothing of value will be lost

Going to be an extremely busy day tomorrow at work so posting Monday's challenge now.

1974 Maserati Merak
1979 Ferrari 308 GT4
1974 Lamborghini Urraco

DD: Merc
Track: G8 (Especially if I can add a supercharger and effectively have this car)

Dude, you can't post videos like this on FinalGear! The guy crosses the white center line! ;)

Going to be an extremely busy day tomorrow at work so posting Monday's challenge now.

1974 Maserati Merak
1979 Ferrari 308 GT4
1974 Lamborghini Urraco

DD: Urraco
Track: 308
Burn: Merak

Wasn't that a TG special a few seasons back? But anyway,

DD: 308
Track: Urraco
Burn: Merak

1974 Maserati Merak

1979 Ferrari 308 GT4

1974 Lamborghini Urraco
(Just in case anybody forgot what those cars look like.)

DD: 308
Track: Urraco (Especially if it was a P300 - the P250 isn't that much faster than my Merc.)
Burn: Merak (Sorry - don't really trust Citro?n hydropneumatic systems.)

DD: Merak
Track: Urraco
Burn: 308, never liked it, sorry.

Another very busy day at work, another Top Gear challenge.

1988 Volvo 760 GLE
1991 Rover 416GTi
1989 Audi 80 1.8E

Assume you can buy each for for the equivalent of 100GBP in your local currency and must keep them stock for the purpose you choose them for.

Last edited:
Assuming the condition of it is exactly the same as it was on TV.

DD: Audi (While it was a bodged job pile of crap, it was also the most reliable)
Track: Rover (The quickest around the track)
Burn: Volvo (Just cannot get a working example for 100 quid)

If the condition is good and everything works as it should from the factory though, I'd DD the Volvo and burn the Audi. Because it's a lot more comfortable.