Dead macbook charger?

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
Whenever I read this sort of thread I cannot help wondering what people do to their tech stuff to cause these faults.

My laptop (yes, fruit-based) is 29 months old and the battery has been through 649 cycles. It's at 82% of its design capacity. Both the charger and laptop do get hot from time to time, the outermost layer of plastic around the charger cable is damaged (nothing that a bit of electrical tape won't fix) and the laptop spends lots of time on cushions, blankets and mattresses - but never have I had any serious problems with it.

Mind you, my stereo is going on 13 years old, my mobile phone is older than most first-graders and my iPod is the last model before colour displays... I think I see a pattern. :think:
I have noticed that people have different luck with tech. As funny as it sounds I have known people who treat their stuff nicer than I do and it doesn't last at all. I will abuse the shit out of mine and it will run for ever, same stuff too.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
I subject my tech to high levels of abuse. No fruit-based laptop so far has lasted longer then 1.5 years with me. We'll see how the Thinkpad's legendary ruggedness will fare.

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
I use my laptop for maybe a couple of hours a day if that, my charger was in perfect condition not even a kink in it
I think there should be a mileage meter for computers like for cars. I use my laptop probably 8 hours a day average so that would rack up the laptop miles pretty damn quick.
I subject my tech to high levels of abuse. No fruit-based laptop so far has lasted longer then 1.5 years with me. We'll see how the Thinkpad's legendary ruggedness will fare.
Really? WTF do YOU do to your laptops then? My 4 year old MBP despite being covered in dents and having had soda spilled on it (that did cost me a new keyboard though) still works save a bit glitchy and slow. I can max out this brand new top of the line quadcore one far enough to make the cursor lag with shit like this that was a full 40 something MB for the PSD file so 4 years out of date is a bit slow for me now. :lol: Though the newer ones seem to be sub par quality compared to my '07 model it's far from for example, my hp laptop that is in several pieces in the basement which lasted a whopping 6 months before I killed it.