deaf or blind? Just curious ... please add choice.

deaf or blind? Just curious ... please add choice.

• lose your sight?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
My dad has worked at a "deaf"-hospital and has taught me some stuff about the every day issues evolving it.

I would choose to lose my sight.

Why?

When you lose your sight, you lose touch with material objects, to a certain degree.

When you lose your hearing, you loose communication with people (minus the ones who know sign language.

and you??

haz

That's a really tough choice...I think it would be my hearing, when I would be blind I couldn't even drive a car or walk normally on the streets, I wouldn't even be able to get myself a cup of coffee...I think blind people have lots more difficulties than deaf people...no offence of course, I would choose hearing..

Hearing. I'm deaf in one ear now and so I can cope easilly without noise. Being totally deaf would be hard, but not nearly as hard as being unable to see. Also loss of hearing is deaf. Death is when you die :D

MXM said:
It's deaf, death is something a bit worse :)

OMFG :shock: :shock: :shock: didn't realize I'd misspelled "deaf" ... but thx for explaining the difference between the two words everyone ;)

edited ... sorry ...

haz

i need a third option: none of the above.
about communication: you can lear to lip-read (which is kind of cool actually) so thats not an argument.

well, if you had to make a choice ............ if "none of the above" would be an option, there isn't really a point of the poll ...

haz

@ Haz...don't you think it's more important to

1. Walk on the streets without "fear".
2. Driving a car.
3. See people.
4. Watch Tv/Top Gear.
5. Read. So you can go to school.

Why do you prefer deaf over blind? I can only see more cons for blind than deaf...

haz said:
MXM said:
It's deaf, death is something a bit worse :)

OMFG :shock: :shock: :shock: didn't realize I'd misspelled "deaf" ... but thx for explaining the difference between the two words everyone ;)

edited ... sorry ...

haz

hehe, no worries, I just saw the title and I thought you ment would people rather be blind or die! Once I read the poll I realised the mistake. The words when spoken sound very similar. Your english is way better than my norwegian that's for sure!

Bigfoot: I can lipread quite well but it's never perfect. The only good communication is sign language, but it's very hard to be fluent in.

blind, because i love music so much.

justin syder said:

You must REALLY love it too!

I would never want to be blind. Id feel alone and trapped. Without my ears I could still drive and be on a computer, and also commuicate. Engine Noise aint THAT important. Nor is Music. Being able to see is just super important to me. Movies, Landscapes, Pictures and Cars. Also being able to see my girlfriend in future.

Id actually give my left hand to be deaf instead of blind!

bigfoot1942 said:
well i cant vote then :p

ok, my point of this thread/poll is:

Say you wake up at a hospital from a car-accident, and you HAD to make the choice:

1. Deaf

2. Blind

c'mon .............. take your pick and back it up!

haz

MixtriX said:
i got a cousin whos completely deaf from birth, so he cant communicate at all (not even sign) its quite sad, not just for him, but for his family who has to take care of him for the rest of his lifetime.

therefore, i would choose to be blind

my point EXACTLY! I'm not saying I'm "right", cuz there aren't no right nor wrong, but now you have made my point much clearer ........ thanks.

haz

Hmm not for me...you're still the only one who would choose for sight Haz :lol:

Mixtrix, why can't he learn the signlanguage? Deaf normally doesn't mean...isolated, deaf people can do the same things as non-deafpeople, just takes a bit more effort, and an attitude of "I'll do what I want, even when I'm deaf"..

I'm sure there's more behind that..

Jostyrostelli said:
Hmm not for me...you're still the only one who would choose for sight Haz :lol:

Mixtrix, why can't he learn the signlanguage? Deaf normally doesn't mean...isolated, deaf people can do the same things as non-deafpeople, just takes a bit more effort, and an attitude of "I'll do what I want, even when I'm deaf"..

I'm sure there's more behind that..

i just double checked with my mum, and yea, it seems that he is mentally retarded aswell. however, this does not change my vote.
communication i feel is more important, and although deaf people can sign, this would mean that they can only communicate with other ppl who can sign.. it kinda limits the amount of people i can talk to

justin syder said:
Same for me, but it'd be tough for me to not be able to see this beautiful world.

If I had to be one or the other, I think I'd want to born that way so that I didn't know what I was missing. On the other hand, if I had seen it, then I would know what I was missing and that could be a good think.

I think I'm with bigfoot on this one with "neither. ;)