Dear FinalGear, I would like to study you!

Wow. This is excellent! Project is full speed ahead then.

Dr_Grip, yes I have a feeling you will not be a fan of the methodology. Just yesterday, the professor told us not to worry about the reliability of our results :p

But I'm still going to be as objective as possible...even if we are talking about human communication which is largely a subjective endeavor.

I'd be happy to help, even if I was not aware that me liking cars had any effect on my social life...

Well, for starters you've met with certain people and attended social events (i.e. ringmeet) that you probably wouldn't have otherwise. ;)

Srsly danrom.. you didn't notice that it affected your social life when you spent weekends at the ring with a bunch of strangers, over and over again? :D

Well, for it to affect his social life, he needs to have one in the first place :tease:

Definitely in.

(Ha, if it were a psych paper, NSFW would be a goldmine of crazy! But I'll help anyway. :))

Err... You kinda lost me there.. I assume it is/it appears to be some saying, but I don't really get it, and I am too lazy to google :p
The pot calling the kettle black is saying something about someone that's true about you, too. Or to quote wikipedia, "The phrase 'The pot calling the kettle black' is an idiom used to claim that a person is guilty of the very thing of which they accuse another."

Good. Thats what I understood. But please do me a favour. Next time just say "You're a goldmine of crazy. But we all are." Ok? :p

Excellent! Thanks everyone. I am currently designing the study and writing the interview questions, I will contact you individually some time during the next month with more details.

But I like where this is headed.

I wanted to but our National Communication Conference is that same exact weekend in Orlando. What are the chances?

Is it too late to sign up?

Never too late. I will be conducting interviews in the next month or so, while also observing interactions on the boards.

you've met with certain people and attended social events (i.e. ringmeet) that you probably wouldn't have otherwise.

you didn't notice that it affected your social life when you spent weekends at the ring with a bunch of strangers, over and over again? :D
That's the effect of being a part of an internet community, not of having the particular interest of this particular community. ;)
I've met up with "strangers from the internet" for more than a decade on four different forums before coming here, and formed quite a few friendships that way.