Sprint Race: 6 Laps
Feature Race: 40 Laps
Time: 18:00 GMT
Server: [FG] Racing

WR's as follows:

XRT:1:35.35 Setup
RB4:1:35.71 Setup Unavailable
FXO:1:34.82 Setup Unavailable

Allowed Cars (New racers can take any of the 3 cars)

Mischief RB4, XRT
Matt - XRT
ESPNSTI - FXO, XRT
geeman - FXO, XRT
Lonely_Driver - FXO, RB4
MXM - FXO, XRT

Last edited:
No, nothing gets reseted untill the season is over. You only can take the car you haven't used before, and only when you have used every car once, you take some car for second time.

Let's wait for andy to post a nice list of allowed cars for each member :)

Let's wait for andy to post a nice list of allowed cars for each member :)
I can do it too, I just left it out because I was not sure how the rules are. Last races thread assumed the cars were reseted and I coudl not find a clear decision.

Well, you got at least me wrong. I still have fxo and xrt :p

EDIT:

Correct list I think is:

Mischief - RB4, XRT
Matt - XRT
ESPNSTI - FXO, XRT
geeman - FXO, XRT
Lonely_Driver - FXO, RB4
MXM - FXO, XRT

In other words since last week list changed only for people who were at last race.

Last edited:
Well, you got at least me wrong. I still have fxo and xrt :p
Hmm. This is what I meant, if the cars did not get reseted you have to drive FXO next (because you drove XRT in AS club and RB4 in so town rev). On the other hand if the cars got reseted after you had driven all 3 you could drive FXO or XRT.

So which is it? Do the cars get reseted after you drive all the 3 cars or do you have to drive the other 2 cars before you can take the same car again?

I have driven FXO in FE Gold. In fact I've already taken all 3 cars in first 3 races. So FOR ME cars got reseted for last 3 races. But not for people who missed some.

The rules state that you can't take a car for second time until you've driven all of them. The order doesn't matter I think.

Option B is the correct one I think.
I missed the AS Club one where I needed to take the RB4. So I needed to take the RB4 in the next race (SO City) [I used the FXO and XRT already]. So all the cars are reset for me now.
With the remaining race i can choose between FXO and RB4 (XRT is too slow:p)

geeman: in option a, why do i need to take the XRT?

geeman: in option a, why do i need to take the XRT?
Because you drove FXO and RB4 in the last 2 race you took part in and I can't find anything about reseting in the rules.
Anyway, I removed the Option A. I'll just take your and MXMs word for this. But I still think that the rules aren't correctly worded, atleast they leave room for wrong interperations.

Last edited:
Because you drove FXO and RB4 in the last 2 race you took part in and I can't find anything about reseting in the rules.
Anyway, I removed the Option A. I'll just take your and MXMs word for this. But I still think that the rules aren't correctly worded, atleast they leave room for wrong interperations.

I used FXO(fe) and XRT (SO City)

I used FXO(fe) and XRT (SO City)
I still understand the rules differently. They only care about that you can only drive the same car after you have driven the other two in between. Like if you drive XRT FXO RB4 RB4. In that situation you have not driven the other two before you took RB4 again.
Basically you only take the last two car you drove and for the next race you take the third.
But I can't be bothered to argue about this anymore (had a pointless argument with MXM in IRC). There is probably no way I can explain it to you so that you would understand what I mean. Let's just stick with the rules how you understand them and let's hope nobody else gets confused about them.

^I think what geeman means is that he thinks the cars are calculated on a rolling 3 cars rule so everyweek, for the past 2 weeks, you're supposed to be in different cars (ie. XRT RB4, FXO, XRT), see he can only take XRT on week 4 because the previous 2 cars were RB4 and FXO, so every race, the previous 2 cars have to be different.

But no, that is not correct, once you use 3 cars, your cars are resetted and what you took before does not matter, so (XRT, RB4, FXO, FXO) is okay, the only thing you can't do is (FXO, FXO, RB4, RB4, XRT, XRT).

But you're table seems right now :D

Argument in IRC wasn't pointless :)
I see what you mean, I don't understand WHY do you think rules say that. I've read them many times, there is no word "between" or "last 2 weeks" or anything else that would hint to using cars in some particular order. You said the lack of word "reset" or "cycle" makes it loosely defined, but for me there's a single way to understand the rule. If it's not forbidden, it doesn't have to be separately allowed, it's automaticly allowed.

I think we both agreed on what the purpose of the rule was, and why it is there, so I'm not gonna go through that again :)

EDIT: Ok, I made a long post with examples and all, but since you said you're not arguing, I figured that would just piss you off, and that wasn't my goal, so I removed it. At least we all agreed on moving on with current interpretation of the rule, and that's fine.

Last edited:
i might be able to enter this week, just depends how quick the UK post is this week. my motherboard is going back to ASrock for replacment. can't get LFS to work on the PC im using at the moment:(

oh yea... incase you missed it, I won't be attending this race as I'll be very busy for the next few weeks.
And MXM, I think geeman has his reasons for intepreting it that way as that would make the car choice more challenging and fair but I would have never thought someone would think of it like how I mentioned :lol:

Eh, I don't see how this would be more fair. Challenging sure, but this would just define an order in which you must take cars. So order in which you've driven first 3 races has to be the same for latter 3 races. Not fun imho. And that's wasn't the point anyway, the point is, if we started the season with one set of rules it has to remain the same until the end even if it sucks :) Question was about interpretation of the rules.

Once again I won't be able to make it. There will be a thread as to why :).

Once again I won't be able to make it. There will be a thread as to why :).

You better... being absent from an LFS race means that a written explanation along with proof has to be supplied which will be documented, verified and Filed in out database :p

You are going to love the explanation. ;)

But lately I've been sucking at LFS big time. I don't know why.