December 12th, 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viper007Bond said:
Tons of ISPs limit traffic. More and more companies are actually starting to do so I believe.

Heh, I'm so happy to be on a college network - gigabit LAN hooked into a fiberoptic network between buildings, ending up in the Ministry of Education's own backbone. I've seen 600kbyte/s download speeds. Seeded TG episodes at over 100kbyte/s. ;)

Around 18-19 million I think, on an island/country/continent the size of the 48 contiguous states of the USA. My ISP is owned by SingTel, so yeah a fair bit of my bandwidth gets routed through Singapore, but I don't know if it's a great deal cheaper. It's been 5 years or more since I worked in ISPs in Australia, but it's traditionally been cheaper to get bandwidth from the USA (as exampled by the fact that for the same price as I pay for my 20 gig a month cable in Australia, I rent a server in America with 1400 gig a month traffic).

Well good morning Aussies :) - I am just hoping to get it before i go to bed also - mind you it`s 22:30 PM where I live. Go vukky go :lol:

So we have a back-up plan!!!! :mrgreen:

can I just say thanks to Sandy for coming to the rescue and offering a back-up plan! :mrgreen:

Where would I be without my TG :shock:

And also thanks to the one and only VUK!!! :mrgreen:

Hope the release will be soon :|

G :mrgreen: 8)

I'm not sleeping nubs. I'm already downloading it. :p

Just hop on the suprnova bandwagon, lots of seeders. I started last night when there were no seeders, and it seems like it finish in only a couple hours. Just make sure you're using an efficient torrent program like Azureus to get the files (cause I remember w/ programs like bt++ and torrentstorm, I had a lot of troubles getting files at a good speed).

BTW, does anyone know if they broadcast TG on canadian satellite. I have Bell Expressvu w/ BBC, but it only seems to be the news (since it's part of the news package).

Viper, excellent.. then I won't go to sleep, instead will make some sandwiches and wait.. ;)

- Yak

Wally said:
BTW, does anyone know if they broadcast TG on canadian satellite. I have Bell Expressvu w/ BBC, but it only seems to be the news (since it's part of the news package).

My roomie has satellite - and theres BBC , showing TG, but its the half hr version. Yesterday they showed the episode with the new Porsche.

edit : pulse - thanks for the correction. :)

Release any minute and it's super quality and not missing the last 2 minutes like that 700 MB SN rip. :)

Viper007Bond said:
Release any minute and it's super quality and not missing the last 2 minutes like that 700 MB SN rip. :)

i'm ready to left click :lol: :lol: :lol:

on your marks, get set.........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

darn and I need to get to a meeting, they'll have to wait :wink:

how long is this minute? :p

G :D 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.