December 12th, 2004

Highlight for me was the sound of that new Mustang, gotta love those V8's!

That Evo was a bit scary at 4MPG! The Ford GT gets more than that!

Good review of the EVO - the negative points raised were laughable!
And 4MPG is reasonable for the way that it was driven on the track - my 340 wouldn't get much more :shock:

Would also like to thank all that make the downloads possible... 8)

sweet mole... you have a FQ340... just wana check is the FW340 the same as the Evo VIII MR... I have a friend who tunes his Evo MR in the same garage as mine.

heres a pic (only found 1 pic of it though)... have no idea what happened to the rest.

picture51cx.jpg

EDIT: By the look of the license plate... I'm guessing you are from japan?

Hi Andy, I'm actually from the UK (have now added that to my profile :p ) - the "FQ" is a UK only model and the MR FQ is based on the MR (like your friends).
It's an MR with some tuning parts fitted. They come in 300 (standard MR), 320 (exhaust and filter) and 340 (exhaust, ecu and filter) - the wheels are also changed for lighter ones and a few carbon bits are added. The FQ400 is also based on the same car but with major engine mods in addition!

I hope this makes things a bit clearer? :)

I'm only getting about 3k download :( Where as the other one I am getting from you guys is coming down at 70k (as I'd expect :p ) :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mole

How do the Evo's breaks do? Someone mentioned to me once, as they being the reason he would get a WRX over an Evo, due to drum brakes or something old, still used in evo's......?

:lol: They use BREMBO 4pots with 330mm discs at the front and BREMBO 2pots with 300mm discs at the rear. They have AMAZING stopping power 8) :wink: Well EVO VI,VII,VIII do at least - maybe earlier cars had lesser brakes :?: Shouldn''t this be in the "Automotive" section instead?

MOST BIASED EPISODE EVER!!!!

I mean I know that JC and his team are a little biased, actually that makes part of the charm of the show but this episode was just ridiculous!!
The Toyota Prius is bad because it's completely silent at low speeds... WTF??? Who WOULDN'T want to cruise around town in a completely silent car??? What's next? "Oh I can't stand this car because it's so comfortable you tend to get sleepy in it...". Come on! And saying that a Lupo gets more miles to the gallon... first of it isn't true!! Unless he had the 3L special edition or he completely flored the Prius and was very easy on the pedal with the Lupo... And of course he never mentioned just how are you supposed to transport a wife, 2 kids and their luggage in a Lupo???

And how about the Evo VIII VS Murcielago on a track... black on white on the power lap times:
Murcielago - 1.23.7
Evo VIII - 1.24.8
... that is 1.1 seconds SLOWER, right? Of course, JC just focused on how it did compared to the the 340BHP version but NOT on how it did compared to the Lambo even though the initial point was to compare them!! I even bet that the British touring champion spinning out of control was planned in advance too.

And the turbo lag thing... just why would anyone want to be in top gear at 30MPH in the first place??? It's like comparing a Ferrari and a Fiat going backwards... what's the fukken point???

And the best car money can buy was between a F60, a DB9 and a... Discovery???

I really found they went over the top this time...

I maintain that I was right about the Evo being faster than the Lambo. The track during the power lap was "greasy", so that would account for the time difference. They should have put both cars around the track in the same conditions to be sure.

I actually like the sound of that Mustang - not bad at all.

That new Boxster looks terrible - talk about a big step back in styling.

Can't wait until next week. How is Jeremy going to manage to outpace a plane? :mrgreen:

darcangelo said:
it looks exaclty the same as the old one!!

porsche's haven't changed much since their first 911 anyways :lol: ... they tried to make a change to the shape of the headlights... then they went back to square one :lol:

The MR was cool.... too bad Mitsu went back to that moronic 276hp limit for our MR... as well as droppong the IC sprayer and active YAW control :evil:

To be honest, I wasnt shocked at any of the FQ cars and the HP they made. How long have Eclipse/Talon owners been getting 300-400 from the Mitsu 2.0L turbo in the US now? I know of 4 in my area that are pushing 380HP.

One thing though..... the Mustang, well I agree its a bad car but its still cool however dont you think a safety latch in the trunk is going a bit too far for safety design? What ever happened to natural selection?

just watched the episode... the worst handling car was quite funny... now ppl know how unbelievably bad malaysian cars are (esp. that one)... well mine handles alot better than that but its still crap :lol:

A Boxster was the one that looked bad?? Ok, it's nothing exceptional, but IMHO a better than old one, and old one was ok.
But SLK... I can't see what's so good about it. Hood looks horrible to me, copied from SLR, but much shorter, with that "nose" pointing out at the middle. I would choose Boxster anytime. Or Z4, or S2000.

M5Rangerover said:
did anyone else notice that the evo blows a bit of black smoke when it is accelerating in one scene?

I thought that was the tires being munched as the active diff's locked up the lose wheel and it then suddenly havening to catch up with the rest of the car.

Bad arse Evo + 3 year warrenty sounds good to me. Just looking at thoose components on the list I'm impressed. Cast stainless steel exhaust!!! that must be stupidly had to produce.

ruu

Damn, that yellow one looks HYPE. I think that the new Boxster looks good in slightly higher than ground level views. When looking at the car from ground level (like in the first pic with the red one), the front indicator lights look like they're moustaches on the air intakes. Styling is all subjective, but for me, I rather get a used Boxster S :D . For normal drivers, the handling and power difference probably isn't too negligible...

Back to the episode, I laughed my ass off at the worst handling car section. I didn't know the Smart would do so poorly! They shoulda tested a Merc A-Class to see if it would do any better (but surely the new ones would be a lot better than the old) :)

I'm still not feelin' the Mustang even though I was a huge fan of it when I was younger. The whole retro shape works to a certain extent, but I'm turned off by that bulbous hood, separated rear quarter panels (I know it's retro), and just a general BLOATED look. Meh...

Next episode should be fun to watch...I lost it when they showed JC's face getting distorted from the wind :lol: As for Ferrari v. plane, they'll probably just rely on the waiting times and delays at the airport to give JC some extra time to watch. But if it's even half as good as the DB9 episode, it should be quite enjoyable :mrgreen:

Thanks sandys and viper!

enzojr said:
I lost it when they showed JC's face getting distorted from the wind :lol:

If you can't wait to see more, you may want to try getting JC's 'hot metal' video from the video offers forum...

they'll probably just rely on the waiting times and delays at the airport

EXACTLY!!! those "comparisons" are pretty useless IMO (except for show value). Indeed if they all set off at 6AM and the first plane leaves at 9AM then JC will win. Of course, they'll never try to have them leave at like 8:30AM (to keep in line with my example) and THEN see what happens...