December 13th, 2004

I do read magazines all the time, but 5th gear is better than looking at a wall. Im not saying 5th gear is completely hopeless, but I do think for a fact that a magazine can be funnier and more informative (Obviously). So I think that the 5th Gear developers should consider a more entertaining program. :wink:

Ah, ok. :)
Yeah, I wouldn't buy a car because of a Tvshow, magazines are way more informative and trust-worthy. I think that FG would get a hard time of they're taking up competing with TG. It is good that they are trying to be a bit different, but the current disposition of the show is not so good.

this golf must be really good for 5th and top gear to love it that much.. :) thanks for the episode, the rip was amazing.

You guys keep on saying that TG is SO much better than FG. I agree......but you have to keep in mind that TG has a much bigger budget to play with! Think about that when you critisize FG.

FG is not funny.....Since when do car shows HAVE to be funny? I think TG is going the funny route (you should have seen Top Gear 7-8 years ago......bloody serious and few and far between gags) and FG tries to be more serious, although I've seen a few funny moments.

Since when do car shows HAVE to be funny?

then you should go see the Motoring Week or something on speed channel... you would enjoy that more :lol:

FG has some funny moments as well... like the things they say... but sometimes I think they just try so hard to be funny... esp. that fat guy that it makes it annoying

I actually did say I preferred Top Gear over FG.

And I too think Tom Ford (the fat dude) is annoying most of the time.

What happened to Adrian. Is he out of the show?

They aren't the same type of show as someone pointed out earlier. 5th gear is more of a car review show where as top gear is more of talk show about cars. The jabs between the two shows are all in good fun, and all the presenters see themselves regularly at different car events.

Tiff did not say the things he did about the GT because jeremy got one. Chances are his review was filmed even before jeremy's was confirmed as getting one.

It is a fun rivalry, and I am sure they get a kick out of the fans' reactions as well.

I loved the GTI run at the end, reminded me of old school topgear.

nimerio said:
You guys keep on saying that TG is SO much better than FG. I agree......but you have to keep in mind that TG has a much bigger budget to play with! Think about that when you critisize FG.

FG is not funny.....Since when do car shows HAVE to be funny? I think TG is going the funny route (you should have seen Top Gear 7-8 years ago......bloody serious and few and far between gags) and FG tries to be more serious, although I've seen a few funny moments.

Well, it doesnt HAVE to be funny, its just more of an advantage really... :)