December 19th, 2004

haha i dunno probably sarcasm...most europeans can't believe that americans like pickups, and i doubt bentley would lend top gear a car for a cross country race like that...although i bet they didn't tell aston thats what they planned to do with the car.... :lol:

bimmercrazyJS said:
http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/138clarkson/01/
you guys should check this out - its an intersting perspective of the races and such from clarkson. still dunno how they do the outside angles of the car but i think it adds a little validity to the races.
Hmmm ... yeah, it kind of sounds valid, but I'm still not quite sure. I would really want to be assured that they're valid, because they're just so entertaining that they can't be missed. And if I knew for sure they're valid, it would make it even more fun to watch.

And it would be quite funny if Ferrari didn't lend them the car for this specific purpose and they did use it like they did. I'd really like to see the face of the managers when they watch the episode from top gear and realize ... oups. Now the lads from Top Gear would probably return it and say that they gave it a few runs on the track and a small drive along the english countryside. They usually do that, so nobody would bother checking the kilometers/miles on the car. And after seing the episode they'd go and check : MY GOODNESS !!! (and then the guy faints).

sorry about reviving a dead thread, and this is a bit non-car related subject, but....i've been trying to find a porsche floatation toy that was featured on the show. :lol:
i've been digging around, but nothing yet. if someone can help me out, it'll be much apprediated. :D

:eek: why cant i download any of the episodes?
can some body give me a link to all working torents
thanks in advance :thumbsup:

i think im correct in saying the torrents are not up because of the site change over

cookie720 said:
:eek: why cant i download any of the episodes?
can some body give me a link to all working torents
thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Calm down, viper is working on the site. As soon as he gets the download page done, we will begin releasing the old videos.

This has been bugging me for a long time - what does James say (silent mouthing, of course) after Jeremy says he loves the coasters because he's vulgar and proud of it. It's around 19:37.

I've watched it over and over and can't work out what he's saying... anyone else notice and care to enlighten me? :lol:

I think he says "Caliper"

I was just wondering if anyone could venture a guess as to how fast JC was driving the Scaglietti down the French highway (yes I know it's probably called motorway but I'm American and I'm calling it a highway 8) ).

Thanks.

Any vids up from this episode? I want the Stig's power lap in the Renault F1 car, as well as the Verbier race.

Thanks

most europeans can't believe that americans like pickups,
There's a few reasons for that. At least here, in the Netherlands
1. The Roads are smaller
2. Petrol is way more expensive (about 1,60 dollars a liter)
3. Most trucks & SUV's in the Netherlands are driven by people that drive like maniacs because they have 'the bigger car'.
4. There's no place for those things in cities (they're thinking about prohibiting SUVs and pickups in the Cities and that's not even a bad idea!)

So it's pretty logical we don't really like them here...
They're of no good use and mainly causing problems :p.
The infrastructure and maybe even the culture aren't ready for those things :D.