• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

December 5th, 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overheat

Forum Addict
Not too much info on this one I'm afraid but here's what I've got:

RadioTimes said:
Richard lifts the lid off the BMW 6 Series cabriolet and Jeremy finds out if the true spirit of the VW Golf Gti is back. This week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car is Cliff Richard.

that is in quite a while.... but thanks for shedding some light on the future!

it sounds like TG is getting crappier and crappier as it goes into the series... the best ones are always in the beginning... like DB9 vs. train and the thing they had at the beginning of the series... 4got what it was

I've notied that. But then again, when the episode comes out - even if the cars on review aren't great, they somehow manage to make everything so damned interesting! :)

Gotta love that TG style :)

^^ I really don't think the episodes get worse as they go on.

This weeks episode (the November 21st episode) was one of my all time favourites. Last weeks episode (November 14th) was brilliant as well. There are definetly epsidoes that are better than others, but I really don't think they progressively deteriorate as the season progresses.

[really off topic] yeah this week was great![/lets get back on the right topic]

ive read bout the golf gti in the newest tg mag i think clarkson likes it!

Clarkson said:
I don't know of any other four pot which sounds so good. And while we're in the realm of the superlative, I know of no blown motor in which the turbo lag is completely masked. Put your foot down and at any point in the rev band, in any gearm an there's always a satisfying surge. Unless of course, you're in second, doing 50 in which case it's not so much a surge, as a torrent.

i want a turbo gti know.... :(

6-series cabriolet and Golf GTI.. ah. That can't be a bad episode ;). The star part is just useless in every episode, most of the "stars" are some only-Brits-know-who-I-am, and as such, boring to watch. While a good idea, it's not anything new anymore.

- Yak

That Christian Slater got really on my nerves in the last one. That accent and dialect was SOOO annoying.

zenon said:
There are definetly epsidoes that are better than others, quote]

:lol: Zenon made a typo, and I get to see it first!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mousey.gif
mousey.gif
mousey.gif
mousey.gif

Sorry couldn't resist :)

Jostyrostelli said:
[quote="zenon" There are definetly epsidoes that are better than others, quote]

:lol: Zenon made a typo, and I get to see it first!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mousey.gif
mousey.gif
mousey.gif
mousey.gif

Sorry couldn't resist :)
Oh no! My image is tarnished! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Atleast I know how to use quote tags though. :p

Atleast I know how to use quote tags though.

even I can do that, by the way josty

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
After watching Top Gear I find myself pronouncing words the British way. "Aston Martin" just sound better that way. 8)

Same here. Porsche is now Pors-sha. Jaguar is now Jag-Hoo-Wah or however you spell it.

And Overheat, yeah, it actually did take me awhile to train my ears to understand the British accents. Sometimes I wouldn't understand what they were saying but after 3 episodes it's very natural to hear the accent now.

Status
Not open for further replies.