December 5th, 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
****SPOILER*****
Highlight below...

Blind guy drives around the track :lol:

Big ass *****SPOILER********

The blind man beats the last 2 on the list

I expected a little bit more from this ep, maybe because it didn't have supercars, didn't really liked the GTI, the porsche thing was cool but I would like to see them destroy them...

^^^
that time the dude did it was insane...funny though...

that goes down in my book as the best and funniest top gear EVER! hell i was crying with laughter. Just goes to show you dont need supercars in every episode for it to me good :)

it aired already?

I hope I'll be able to watch it tonight, but it's almost impossible, VUK would have to be more than quick.. :shock: he'd have to use his SUPER VUK mode :lol:

Renesis said:
it aired already?

I hope I'll be able to watch it tonight, but it's almost impossible, VUK would have to be more than quick.. :shock: he'd have to use his SUPER VUK mode :lol:

it started about an hour and a half ago in the UK. dunno what that is in your time but thats the time it always airs here :)

great episode... I was there :) but next week JC is off to Switzerland on a Ferrari

it should be another epic episode!

yes - JC smokes a lot and he was on a redbull and diet coke diet

apparently he and Richard were drunk the night before

Did you see yourself on the show?

I think you should have a name under your nickname like the mods got

"official TG guest"

How did it went? You got selected, or what? Did you get free coffee, or food?

I lent one of my cars for the DVD Hot Metal and as a thank you I was allowed on the show.

Yes I see myself just in the end and 1/2 of my wife :(

We were in the hangar for 4 hours - from 2.30 pm until 6.30 pm with a break in the middle for coffee, tea and autographs!

Hammond was surrounded by girls while JC was under siege...literally.

It was fantastic. JC is so politically incorrect and he is the master of the show
Much better live than on tv because of all the jokes and swearing :)

totally fantastic

actually it was not JC asking for it at all

The Inbox production was looking for a classic car to compare with the modern one and so I was just quicker than quick to accept the open offer to all those who were told. Just lucky, honest

996Turbo said:
magnum_pi said:
with the stretch limo Murcielago?
its a countach....how can you confuse a Murcielago and a Countach?

couldve sworn it was a Murcielago with the extendable air vents behind the B pillar

anyway, it dont matter, its a funny as hell movie

Awesome episode people. Really enjoyed it as always. I love it when BBC sets them a challenge, this section worked really well. Top stuff :)

Is there such a thing as a bad TG episode? :)

This was indeed a great show! I joined up just to see if anyone else laughed as hard as we did at the Porsche challenge! That was first class - can't wait for the video! Got to be the funniest thing on Top Gear ever!

As for the language thing, makes interesting conversation. Perhaps an official pronunciation thread would be advisable? hehe.

By the way, noone seems to have mentioned the german links.... Porsche is por-sher (as in sherbert, not like the singer!) because in German, E on the end of a word is normally pronounced "er". Audi is just like the German pronunciation of audio - in German it isn't "or" it is "ow".

As for the Brits, well I can't really defend us! Some of us do the R thing at the end, but not all. Can I ask the Canadian who didn't know how to pronounce Aston Martin - how were you saying it then?? It is like ass-tun (I know Americans have a twang on ass unlike us, but basically the same).

On the point of Peugeot, we say it purr-zho in Britain, I think that's correct. If you think about French - "un petit peu", same sound.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this place, and its nice to know there are people all over the World watching Top Gear!

Status
Not open for further replies.