December 6th, 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tha_bounce said:
Well i read somewhere it was going to be something like "Fiorino" after a track in italy, i think its the one for grand prix, or the ferrari test track, not sure.....

:lol: I read the same article, and was looking for it when I posted, but couldn't find it. Here's what it says about names:

And yes, rumours persist that the F430 will get a geographical nickname somewhere along the line. Early line betting favourites are "Fiorano", after Ferrari's in-house Formula One test track, or "Monza", home of the Italian Grand Prix.)

topgearfiend said:
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm at UBC, I don't think SFU has a law school. In any case I'm probably going to get kicked out soon anyway.

Case in point: I have a contracts exam in mere hours (literally). And what am I doing? Waiting around here for either Vicki or Jason to show up on my screen talking about the F430.

The same thing happened to me earlier this week with real property and constitution law v. the MK V GTI test on Top Gear.

Oh the joys of the internet age. :)

Incidentally, does anyone know if the F430 has an actual name? I've got the latest Top Gear and CAR magazines here and neither one of them mentions a name.
wow, lots of us are from Vancouver here
I'm in Mechanical Engineering at UBC and needless to say mostl of my classmates watches Top Gear

o, sorry for going off topic

dwh said:
a short segment of the f430 just been released at ferrarichat.com which will hopefully save the lives of many waiting here.... :D
check out the below link.
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40764&page=3&pp=20

The person that posted it seems like he may also have access to the whole episode...

Anyone seen it yet? I just check it out and that other guy (Jason Plato) is doing the review....I remember they said Vicky was going to test out the F430....anyone know what happened?

SiR_dude said:
Tha_bounce said:
Well i read somewhere it was going to be something like "Fiorino" after a track in italy, i think its the one for grand prix, or the ferrari test track, not sure.....

:lol: I read the same article, and was looking for it when I posted, but couldn't find it. Here's what it says about names:

And yes, rumours persist that the F430 will get a geographical nickname somewhere along the line. Early line betting favourites are "Fiorano", after Ferrari's in-house Formula One test track, or "Monza", home of the Italian Grand Prix.)

Yeah, i found it, i posted the link to the article on the 7th page if you still looking for it. :wink:

drift55 said:
dwh said:
a short segment of the f430 just been released at ferrarichat.com which will hopefully save the lives of many waiting here.... :D
check out the below link.
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40764&page=3&pp=20

The person that posted it seems like he may also have access to the whole episode...

Anyone seen it yet? I just check it out and that other guy (Jason Plato) is doing the review....I remember they said Vicky was going to test out the F430....anyone know what happened?

Yeah i just saw it as welll. I dont know what happened, but if you look at last weeks, when they said vicki was going to italy to test the new 430, they showed a snippet, and it was red and the one plato drove was yellow instead... :?

I'm downloading a rip by sandys now. :D

Okay, all downloaded sandy's rip and watched it. He pulled it off his DVR I believe, but when it recorded it, there's 1 point during the Ferrari review where it literally skips a millisecond or so and 2 points during the crash test where it skips like a 1/2 second. I had another offer or two for this video, but I don't think it's bad enough that I should try those. After all, besides those small skips, this rip is AWESOME quality. Releasing as soon as I get ahold of sith or some people to seed.

upload it thennnnnnnnnnnnnn thanks ^-^

Locked as I'll be starting the other thread in just a minute.

Viper007Bond said:
Okay, all downloaded sandy's rip and watched it. He pulled it off his DVR I believe, but when it recorded it, there's 1 point during the Ferrari review where it literally skips a millisecond or so and 2 points during the crash test where it skips like a 1/2 second. I had another offer or two for this video, but I don't think it's bad enough that I should try those. After all, besides those small skips, this rip is AWESOME quality. Releasing as soon as I get ahold of sith or some people to seed.

Yup, sorry about that not sure what happened there, typically I never have a problem, I suspect my partner was playing with the DVR software and stopped the player but as it was on timer it resumes right away, lucky for her :p

Whoops, forgot to lock this.

Continue discussion everyone in the other thread in Specific Episode Discussions.

OMG! What an incredibly boring review of a great car. Fifth Gear really is a lousy show. Isn't Clarkson going to review the F430 on tomorrow's episode? That should be a lot more entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.