December 6th, 2004

I truly think Fifth Gear is getting better. The F430's exhaust note is just to die for...lol :D :wink:

anyone liked the front end of the F430? because i didn't :/ the bumper is just ugly. Thanks for the ep guys, this rip is amazing.

logo said:
anyone liked the front end of the F430? because i didn't :/ the bumper is just ugly. Thanks for the ep guys, this rip is amazing.

I think that the front bumper air intakes look a little formless, and before watching this episode, I still prefered the 360 Modena. BUT, seeing the F430 in YELLOW (a beautiful yellow at that) and in high-quality video (the F430 Messico trailer was a bit grainy) really stirred my blood.

This review is one of the best I've seen from FG in a long, long time! I'm actually glad that Jason Plato did the review b/c like he said, he tested the entire Ferrari range this year (I guess that's the reason). The guy can drive too, and I like his "scientific" approach to testing the different settings. Lucky guy for being able to afford one! The F430 is officially my dream car now (with the Carrera GT being my unrealistic dream car)

I didn't bother watching the rest of the video...exam time :( But man, this F430 video was WELL WORTH THE WAIT!! Thanks Viper and sandys!!!

I give it a 5/5 :D

Besides the F430 review which I wish went into more depth and was longer the rest of the episode really stunk, IMO. Even the Murano review which was saved a bit by Tom Ford's personality and the shootout wasn't all that great.

Bah, I've just been spoiled by Top Gear.

Phix said:
Besides the F430 review which I wish went into more depth and was longer the rest of the episode really stunk, IMO. Even the Murano review which was saved a bit by Tom Ford's personality and the shootout wasn't all that great.

Bah, I've just been spoiled by Top Gear.

Yeah I agree...I wish it were longer, like JC's reviews. I guess we'll have to wait until next season for TG's review of the F430 (b/c they'd probably want it on their airfield to test). I wonder how fast the F430 would be around the TG track (I think 1:22:00).

As an addendum, just found out about Jason Plato's racing accolades. Of course he can drive, silly me. I'd like to see a race between all three of FG's hosts! Now THAT would make great TV 8)

I personally think Tom Ford looks a bit scruffy for the show. Doesn't match Tiff's perpetually consistent plaid shirts and Vicki's stylish clothes. He is quite funny though (although at times a lil overboard). If not for Jason's current BTCC season, maybe he could replace Tom Ford...

logo said:

I agree - it does look ugly. I saw the Ferrari part yesterday and thats all i could think about. It looks tear shaped in in horizontal fashion, and if you dont like that, wait till you see the spider version, which i saw a spy photo of in a a car magazine, like two days ago....its really prominent there for some reason.... :(

Tha_bounce said:
logo said:

I agree - it does look ugly. I saw the Ferrari part yesterday and thats all i could think about. It looks tear shaped in in horizontal fashion, and if you dont like that, wait till you see the spider version, which i saw a spy photo of in a a car magazine, like two days ago....its really prominent there for some reason.... :(

Ditto on the front end. I think the "old" 360's front end is nicer. I don't mind the engine sound at all, but I think I would prefer the classic howl of a Ferarri over the "rumble" that the new one has. I really hope Ferarri won't compromise it's image by changing their trademark exhaust note :(

[/img]http://fast-autos.net/ferrari/f4302.html
http://fast-autos.net/ferrari/f43010.html
http://fast-autos.net/ferrari/f43013.html
f43015.html

The funny thing is, it doesnt look bad at a stand still, but its hideous in motion!!!

ok cant figure out how to post images :oops:

Yours are .html so they're not images, they're pages.
You can link a pic with the tags if it has .jpg or something like that on the end..[/quote]

Thanks... :D

standing still it looks awesome. 110,000 pounds. Maybe I can afford that in 50 years...lol. Too bad though because the car is being built for all year round. Props to Ferrari.

Agreed, it looks good in the pics. And I love the look of the healights in the pics too. But when you see it in the vid, all of a sudden those headlights look waaay to small, and the front airdams look odd. It's very strange.

Wait, I just noticed the rims are different. Are those two different cars or do you have options for different rims?

I'm starting to like Jason Plato's reviews. Though I'm beginning to think that he is "replacing" Tiff Needell in the road tests. Jason's getting to test the cool cars while Tiff is "stuck" in the shootouts and commenting on crashes.

nimerio said:
I'm starting to like Jason Plato's reviews. Though I'm beginning to think that he is "replacing" Tiff Needell in the road tests. Jason's getting to test the cool cars while Tiff is "stuck" in the shootouts and commenting on crashes.

Ditto, I'm getting used to Plato. And I agree about Tiff, wtf is up with that?

I think Plato's test of the F430 was rather good. Cool to see him enjoy the car and drive it like a car thief :). I still think the 430 is a pig compared to the 360 & 355, but I like it a little more after watching this episode.

Without the Ferrari test, this episode would've been very dull...I think they should lose the safety-bits.
And where was the Esprit?