December 6th, 2004

I'd like to thank Viper and VUK for making this happen. I've been following this site for quite a while, and I'm very grateful that they are still trying their best after so long and, some down times. I espressed last year when they were having a difficult time that I'd be willing to pay for the service. And guess what today we are still downloading for free, the quality is even better!

BTW, am I the only one who finds it a bit weird to watch FG on a Saturday afternoon? :mrgreen:

Thanks to everyone who made this episode possible! I knew you were going to pull through eventually! :D

So how many think Plato got an F1 tranny? More importantly, how many here would get the F1?

P.S. I think Tom Ford should turn the "try too hard" knob down a couple of notches. Tell us about the cars and then try your jokes. I guess it's fine as long as they keep him to the Multipla and Murano tests, but if I have to see that butt dancing again...

topgearfiend said:
So how many think Plato got an F1 tranny? More importantly, how many here would get the F1?

i]

Plato Definately got an F! paddle shift .....and everyone here would get an F1 paddle shift, as they only make them with F1 tranny's.... :D

Hehehe... just watched the episode and Plato is now my favourite reviewer, even over Jeremy. That giggle when he announces the 430 is hilarious, had to watch it about 5 times... It's exactly the sound I make when given the opportunity to drive a cool car :D

Phix said:
Wait, I just noticed the rims are different. Are those two different cars or do you have options for different rims?

What do you mean options for rims? I got them from some car website, and i assume they are different cars....and you could get different rim options as well....

Thanks VUK and Viper.....as many have said, i appreciate your time and dedication to getting these episodes up, even with fuck ups, like VUK's antenna!!! :D

ca6 said:
and everyone here would get an F1 paddle shift, as they only make them with F1 tranny's

I thought so too, but then I checked Ferrari's website and the F430 is also available with the open gate manual. (I can't paste a direct link since it's a flash-page....) http://www.ferrariworld.com/FWorld/fw/index.jsp
Cool, well i guess Plato has got his info a lil off......As he mentioned in the episode, that they only came with an F1 tranny...

As he mentioned in the episode, that they only came with an F1 tranny...
Yeah, I meant to make a remark about that too, but did a fact check to be sure :? Weird...perhaps they're only available with the F1 box at the moment?

ca6 said:
As he mentioned in the episode, that they only came with an F1 tranny...
Yeah, I meant to make a remark about that too, but did a fact check to be sure :? Weird...perhaps they're only available with the F1 box at the moment?

Possibly.....

Did the 360 come with both options, or only the F1 paddle shift?

"Now you can get a manual gearbox, we've got the F1."

You can get a manual in the F430, hopefully that's what you're talking about :)

The ones on the silver F430 seem to be the same ones from the 360 Challenge Stradale. Yeah, probably option rims, b/c they were on the CS only because they were very lightweight compared to the stock 360 five-spoke rims.

Cruzz563 said:
"Now you can get a manual gearbox, we've got the F1."

You can get a manual in the F430, hopefully that's what you're talking about :)

You are right....i guess the first time round, i was distracted by that howling V8 :D

Ok episode....The safety shit is getting on my nerves now, it takes up more time with each successive episode, and i found the Tom Ford ass shaking bit, quite funny!!

For some reasong when Vicki and Tiff, were speaking over the shoulder of the dummy in the pedestrian test, i noticed how thin Vicki's lips are, a bit on the unattractive side. Im more of a pillow lipped type of guy - think Angelina Jolie :wink:

Coincidentally, BBC world is showing TG - 30 mins, end in 5, 10pm Vancouver time.....They are showing the episode, where they test the Holden, Jag S Type R and 300C or whatever its called!

I think Plato's review still lacked excitement. I guess Clarkson just makes me more excited about the car than him. Hopefully the 430 will look better with time - I'm still getting used to the 360, so I guess it's probable.

Enough with the safety stuff!

This episode is a perfect example of why Top Gear is so much better than Fifth Gear.

Clarskon and crew sit around and make fun of pedestrian safety features, Fifth gear devotes half a show to them. :lol:

I still really like Fifth Gear though.

5th Gear is just a bit dry. Plato, while being technically proficient just doesn't excite me about the car he's driving. Tiff hasn't really done a proper test in a while, instead doing the basic track comparisons then some chatting with either an SAS guy, or the safety features, etc.

Vicky I don't find attractive and she's not been given much to do lately, then finally Tom with the crap cars.

Top Gear has 3 people to fill in an hour, the segments are of a decent length and they get the right amount of information across. 5th Gear has 4 people to fill in 21 minutes (due to ads on 5th Gear when there are none on TG). This means the 5th Gear features are very short when they're good (like the F430 review) and the safety features take up noticably too much time. If the program was twice as long, the pedestrian safety feature of tonight's episode wouldn't have felt half as intrusive and they might have found time to do an update on the Lotus project.

Clarkson/Richard/James work really well together, they bounce jokes off each other, they're a clear team and the episodes flow well.

Tiff/Plato/Vicki/Tom are rarely seen in the same place at the same time, so you never get to know them working together and it feels like a set of individual segments with no clear flow through the program.

It's just a bit dull compared to Top Gear, IMO. Both are great shows, I get both of them every week and look forward to watching them. I just look forward to Top Gear a lot more :)

In the episode Jason Plato said it was the first tv test in the world of the F430, but I remember a short test on the Fiorano track on an italian show a couple of months ago! (Honestly,it was a really boring review, with a single camera covering the whole track :( )

Then maybe it was like a spy camera kinda thing, not really supposed to be there.

Cruzz563 said:
Then maybe it was like a spy camera kinda thing, not really supposed to be there.

No, unhappily most of their reviews are made that way.. Non really a visually entertaining show! :)

maq said:
BTW, am I the only one who finds it a bit weird to watch FG on a Saturday afternoon? :mrgreen:

It was Saturday night for me... But still weird... Usually watch it Thursday afternoon while waiting for the Top Gear Ep to be finished...

Fifth Gear was quite ok, I'd say... Voted with a 4, because the Ferrari bit is quite good... Comparison between the different ESP settings was interesting...

Buba

aww crap... I don't check the forum for abt one 1 day and the vid I've been waiting for so long is released and I have to wait till I get home before downloading it :(